• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Long Underwear

TylerDurden

Reaction score
So....

What do you guys recommend for long underwear? Mainly to wear under jeans/pants. I do allot of walking outside, but as well as spend time inside.

I live south of Minneapolis, Minnesota, and it gets pretty cold here in the winter....
Im thinking for when its -10 to 10F outside....

I was thinking ether some Under Armor Heatgear (Thinner Material) or Coldgear Tights/Leggings or some Light to medium weight expedition long johns from a sporting goods store. I've gone the Under Armor cold gear for skiing, and they worked great, but I think that they would be kinda hot for when not doing aerobic activity.

I was wondering do you guys use something better (more comfortable, works good for indoors or outdoors)?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Nathaniel72

Reaction score
I have Weatherproof in black and they can really keep the heat in. I also have a pair of long Smartwool socks that go up to my knees. They both work so great I think I'm gonna buy at least two more of each.

SLeiber32

Reaction score
Check out some ski forums. The consensus is usually that UA stuff is way overpriced for the quality because of all the pro athlete marketing and better quality stuff can be had for cheaper.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nathaniel72
I have Weatherproof in black and they can really keep the heat in. I also have a pair of long Smartwool socks that go up to my knees. They both work so great I think I'm gonna buy at least two more of each.

what does weatherproof mean exactly? stain resistant?

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
would you prefer the kind you wash on a regular basis or the kind you ONLY need to wash after you fart 100 times?

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
would you prefer the kind you wash on a regular basis or the kind you ONLY need to wash after you fart 100 times?

So as in the kind I wash after 1 day (regularly) or the kind I wash after 1 day (100 farts)

Pangolin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123

The great thing with wool, is that you don't need to wash it after wearing it for a day. I wear wool underwear over my regular underwear and under my jeans in the winter to bike when temperatures are below freezing and only wash it once or twice in the season. I'm still alive. I haven't caught any dangerous infection yet.
It's actually a lot less stupid than wearing a pair of jeans for 6 months, or however long denim marketeers told you to, without washing them.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by octopandda
The great thing with wool, is that you don't need to wash it after wearing it for a day. I wear wool underwear over my regular underwear and under my jeans in the winter to bike when temperatures are below freezing and only wash it once or twice in the season. I'm still alive. I haven't caught any dangerous infection yet.
It's actually a lot less stupid than wearing a pair of jeans for 6 months, or however long denim marketeers told you to, without washing them.

yeah okay. i wash denim every couple weeks or as needed. i think people who go 6 months without washing anything have serious issues.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads