• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
daddy looks better in chinos then me, ****...
smile.gif

KPO89

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bombers
I got the signature and the slim soft 2 weeks ago and they fit pretty much straight leg and not slim at all. The leg opening on the 34x30's i got is 18". I ended up throwing it in the same package and return it right away. I'm about to order the SF slim tapered and the wader hoping for a better fit.

Ya I was looking at their fit guide and according to it all the slims are D1s. D1s are listed as having an 18" leg opening. Not slim in the SF style guide thats for sure. Both the waders and the other slim fits are listed as D1's but daddy's waders were 7.25 inch....something doesn't add up.

nakedundermyclothes

Reaction score
like the fit of 501's so i usually go with the j crew classic fit chinos, are there any other similar options available that fit like the 501?

bombers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by matt22616
Interesting. I was dissuaded from getting the SF tapered because people saying they fit like 511s. 501s fit me pretty well, and I'm not really down w/ hardcore nut-huggin. My size is 30X32 for what it's worth, and every body is unique. 6'1" 152lbs. EDIT: Can you comment on the quality of the fabric and construction?
Didn't touch them for long so I can't say much except it's like what others have said, it's pretty thick fabric and they're pretty much like the other stuff Docker's put out. For me, the pants fits nice ********** and thigh but too baggy from the knee down. I should probably take them to a tailor to get tapered bu they're Docker's lol.
Originally Posted by KPO89
Ya I was looking at their fit guide and according to it all the slims are D1s. D1s are listed as having an 18" leg opening. Not slim in the SF style guide thats for sure. Both the waders and the other slim fits are listed as D1's but daddy's waders were 7.25 inch....something doesn't add up.
The SF slim fit, Wader, and Sateen Stretch (in khaki, navy, and black) are their slimmest fit fit i think. The description says skinny fit too.

KPO89

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bombers

The SF slim fit, Wader, and Sateen Stretch (in khaki, navy, and black) are their slimmest fit fit i think. The description says skinny fit too.

Ya but according to the website their D1 is the slimmest fit with a 18" hem. I get what your saying but the website isn't being kosher with its fit descript

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They carry the D1 in many department stores. It is not slim at ALL! As a matter of fact its relaxed. I think Bomber is right when stating that the Wader and Sateen Stretch are the slimmest.

KPO89

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES
They carry the D1 in many department stores. It is not slim at ALL! As a matter of fact its relaxed. I think Bomber is right when stating that the Wader and Sateen Stretch are the slimmest.

I don't think I'm explaining it properly

This is the waders item description

if you click "fit info" button on the picture of the waders it describes them as D1 fit.

bombers

Reaction score
Yeah I get what you're saying. The description of the Wader doesn't match up with what they claim it as being a D-1 fit.

xanatos

Reaction score
I have tried on both the waders and D1. Im a regular 32 5'11 155lb.
The Waders actually fit tighter but just a tad too short due to only having one lenght
the the D1 is still actually baggy and not slim..but prob slim for a more muscular guy.
I sized up to a 33 cause the 32 were a lil tight at the waste and they were just too baggy in the top block on the waders and D1

still on a search for the perfect fitting chinos.
Dont bother with Save Khaki i spent 200 dollars on 2 pairs and they are flimsy and baggy!but feel nice

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread has really gone nowhere recently. Now we're even talking about crappy Dockers, repeatedly! The only thing I've learned is that a lot people are unhappy with the fit of most readily available chinos. Yet few on this forum ever complain about the availability of good fitting jeans. Why do you think that is?

Maybe a better question to ask is why are chinos such a necessity in your wardrobe? In many areas of Europe people don't even wear them at all, thus they mostly seem like a North American thing. Are they mostly required for business casual at the office-- e.g. something dressier than denim, but less formal than dress slacks?

If that's the case, then maybe you should consider alternatives that are still passable for the office but less neutered and bland looking than the classic tan chino. For example, I've had much better luck finding nice fitting cords. Or what about some wool trousers which utilize an interesting texture for a more casual look?

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chinos can be done with sneakers, whereas wool trousers or cords wouldn't look so great I think. That and khaki is pretty neutral, easy to match colours to, and it works well with everything. Its a pretty versatile pant I'd say.

The issue is finding some that are durable, with a good fit - I think the ideal would be the Jungle Pant SE released awhile back. N+F chinos are also good, selvedge denim in a slim cut in a nice khaki colour. The Acne Guy chino is nice too, comfy top block with a tapered hem, though the material means it wrinkles like a mofo. Virtually every chino I've tried on in mall-brand land is a complete fail.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeKirk