1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by imightbechad, Sep 6, 2007.

1. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

Are they similarly vanity sized as 501s and 514s or TTS?

sorry, I can't help with this, I haven't purchased a pair yet. I do have 511 jeans though, if you want I could try and find a tape measure.

2. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

I wear 30s in 501 STF and I wear 32 in these. I have big thighs though and they're for work so i've sized up considerably. I'd size up 1 from your normal waist size because they are "skinny" and they do shrink in the wash.

3. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

sorry, I can't help with this, I haven't purchased a pair yet. I do have 511 jeans though, if you want I could try and find a tape measure.

I wear 30s in 501 STF and I wear 32 in these. I have big thighs though and they're for work so i've sized up considerably. I'd size up 1 from your normal waist size because they are "skinny" and they do shrink in the wash.

Cheers.

4. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Bigger guys suggestion:

Not sure whether they're available in the US but as an interim measure I picked up some Levi 752 Chinos and sized right down. They're a slim straight cut but heavily vanity sized in the waist/butt so you can size down heavily (3 inches on true waist) and get a pretty slim leg even with largish thighs. For reference I'm pretty much dead on a 37" true waist and the 752 34R "True Chinos "come in at a 37 waist, 24 Thigh, 9.5 Knee 8.25 hem.

5. Nugtron

Nugtron Member

6. ysb

ysb Senior member

7. blynch

blynch Senior member

Great price on the Epaulet X Staple Rivet Chino's at Reed Space.http://store.thereedspace.com/EPs+By...et+Chino+.html

don't think I like the added details for this collab, but good price on something that shouldn't go on sale. OOS in 33 or I'd bite.

8. JoeRogan

JoeRogan Senior member

I'm a big fan of the J. Crew slim fit chino. I've got them in a bluish slate grey and light grey, as well as the brown Bowrey cords that are the same fit. You can get them pretty cheap in sales too

9. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Senior member

Whoa thanks for this. been wanting a pair of these forever
    ++ and bought. Always wanted to try these.

10. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

Just kopped some of the 511s in 29X30. I'll let you know how they work out.

11. rick

rick Senior member

i just pick up polo ralph lauren g1 slim fit chinos tts 38 hem is 8.5 like them a lot. got them at macys

12. Cheese1

Cheese1 Senior member

They have selvedge twill 511s in a khaki color on Levis.com for $30. I'd buy a pair if I wasn't on money lockdown right now, but I think they're worth a look.

13. HOT Sriracha

HOT Sriracha Senior member

14. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Senior member

They have selvedge twill 511s in a khaki color on Levis.com for $30. I'd buy a pair if I wasn't on money lockdown right now, but I think they're worth a look.

The chinchills? I don't think they're selvedge, but they're also showing $79.50 for me. :/

15. Cheese1

Cheese1 Senior member

16. Potatowned

Potatowned Active Member

I have 2 pairs of waders too. I am around 5'10" and they definitely look like waders. The bottom of the leg doesn't really touch the top of my shoe, but they look and fit great anyway.

My J. Crew khakis in urban slim fit stretch out like crazy. They look great right out of the dryer, but they loosen up after a few wears.

17. arkestal

arkestal Active Member

you'll need to make the leg opening slimmer though. They're like John Travolta wide.

18. Hot Dog Day #49

Hot Dog Day #49 Senior member

What the fuck are you talking about

19. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

That does look amazing. How are those sized vs. 511's? Also, what's the rise?