• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grooveholmes
slightly off topic-- it's funny to see an avatar of federer and read "**** europe" in the same line. but then, he is swiss...

lol
plain.gif

matt22616

Reaction score
Got the D1s today. The "fog" color was much darker than the website pic indicated. Fabric seemed decent, but there was an embroidered logo on the back of the pants. I'm somewhat ocd and that doesn't fly. Back in the mail they go. Fit was as described; pretty good in the seat and thigh, could use some tapering below the knee.

chentwoten

Reaction score
Got my 34x30 wader's in today via snailmail. The fit is excellent and the fabric is decent for the price (~40/each after taxes). The top block seems true to size but the legs are definitely slim. The fit is unlike the D1 slim fit found at retailers (which is complete, utter garbage - not slim at all).

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has any one had any experiences with Penny Stock chinos? They look pretty slim and the price seems okay.

Hows the rise on these? Is the material thick and sturdy or flimsy like J. Crew?

acularw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
i agree with federer. chinos are really a must...

so have you guys checked out these chinos by blue in green. if your after the best quality/slim fit these are really the answer to your dreams boys & girls.

yes, they are a tad expensive. but these are seriously on another level in terms of quality and fit from what has been talked about in this thread (or at least the past 10 pgs or so).

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...mart&Itemid=28

they even make a navy!

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...mart&Itemid=28

if they have been mentioned...SORRY!

I know I said this in the khaki thread too, but I am just not a fan of the white tag on back of the BiG chinos. Especially on the navy.

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that would be extremely easy to remove...

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
acular, they might be able to remove it before they send it off to you if you ask/e-mail big. and its the same tag used on both colors, lol.

acularw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
acular, they might be able to remove it before they send it off to you if you ask/e-mail big. and its the same tag used on both colors, lol.

I know it's the same tag, but obviously the contrast of white on navy is much greater so it's more noticeable.

Sometimes I come up with minor nitpicks so I can convince myself to buy a less expensive option. The BiG chinos look great, so I'll just shut up now...

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acularw
I know it's the same tag, but obviously the contrast of white on navy is much greater so it's more noticeable.

Sometimes I come up with minor nitpicks so I can convince myself to buy a less expensive option. The BiG chinos look great, so I'll just shut up now...

why would you do that? this is a fashion forum...it costs what it costs and we want what we want. no mental games!!!
smile.gif

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acularw
I know I said this in the khaki thread too, but I am just not a fan of the white tag on back of the BiG chinos. Especially on the navy.
scSeamRipperSmall.jpg

Seriously. Best ~$4 I ever spent.

KPO89

Reaction score
^ I'm curious what the hem measures to on these. They look nice though. In a staple kinda way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics