• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stop Lurking, N00b, Join!

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by reidrothchild
Been lurking for months. I only joined last night to inquire about some shoes on B&S. Kind of annoying that I had to make 2 posts before I could PM a seller about the shoes, which caused me to post vague, unhelpful comments to the first two threads I had anything remotely relevant to say. Really enjoy the forum though.

Don't worry, 95% of what is posted here is vague and unhelpful.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Made in California
Yeah, you really shot from the hip. When the front page consists of only "What defines wingtips?" threads you can consider yourself solely responsible.
devil.gif

facepalm.gif

Originally Posted by foo roops
Is this where bigbris1 introduces his alternate accounts in anticipation of his next ban?

confused.gif

Maybe mine and yours can join forces
uhoh.gif

Originally Posted by SladeDT
Joined, but still gonna lurk. Just less so.

Congrats!

Originally Posted by embowafa
yep. thread should have been opposite of your request.

nod[1].gif

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, the elusive SF Junior Member gathering.

pdial

Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
word? i joined the first day i found it ... after reading the entire WAYWRN part I in one night.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Woah! That sounds exhausting.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Knotted

Reaction score
I've lurked off and on for quite a while. Enough so that I have a pretty good sense of the regs and a few of the inside jokes. I've learned plenty from lurking but really don't need to do any more than that. I'll never dress better than maybe about 1% of the people on this forum but I dress better than about 95% of the people in my area.

That said, if I ever do get a MTM suit I'll be sure and start a thread full of grainy, poorly lit pictures for everyone to critique the fit. Once that debacle is over I'll be sure and ask where I can get the best slim fit shirt to match it up with and then start another thread on whether I should now up my shoe game with Aldens or Allen Edmonds. Tassled loafers, right?

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread is awesome. I wish I had lurked moar.

red dragon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by intent
Careful, some members like 'em young.
free_candy-van-560x373.jpg
Duly noted... I think teh SF senior member driving this van is wearing greasy sweatpants with a 2'' cuff and a MTM DARE shirt.

Made in California

Reaction score
Originally Posted by matchswain
Joined and posting so I can (finally) PM. Amazing.

You know that feeling you have right now? It only gets better with more posts.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tphd
I believe that some of these lurkers may be people using invisible mode

thats silly.

Originally Posted by red dragon
Duly noted... I think teh SF senior member driving this van is wearing greasy sweatpants with a 2'' cuff and a MTM DARE shirt.

i lol'd @ this

Originally Posted by pdial
Woah! That sounds exhausting.

Originally Posted by foo roops
And quite ****.

Originally Posted by lasbar
And sad....

any more?
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Knotted
I've lurked off and on for quite a while. Enough so that I have a pretty good sense of the regs and a few of the inside jokes. I've learned plenty from lurking but really don't need to do any more than that. I'll never dress better than maybe about 1% of the people on this forum but I dress better than about 95% of the people in my area.

That said, if I ever do get a MTM suit I'll be sure and start a thread full of grainy, poorly lit pictures for everyone to critique the fit. Once that debacle is over I'll be sure and ask where I can get the best slim fit shirt to match it up with and then start another thread on whether I should now up my shoe game with Aldens or Allen Edmonds. Tassled loafers, right?

The fun parts of this forum have nothing to do with clothing. This is one of the perks of membership.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads