• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stop Lurking, N00b, Join!

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
Just joined as well after a couple weeks of lurking...never heard of SF until i Googled some reviews for moderntailor.com, and that's how i stumbled in here. After reading thru some posts in less than a month here, i have a bad feeling i'm going to go broke soon trying to get my wardrobe up to snuff.

And you'll be better for it!

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by itchyeyes
Done
smile.gif

I've only been lurking for a few weeks. After realizing that most of my wardrobe was garbage, I sent most of it (probably close to 80%) to Goodwill about a month ago. Since then I've been trying to decide how the hell I'm going to rebuild it. This place has been a lot of help.

smile.gif

Made in California

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lightbringer
Challenge accepted =P

Be gentle please! You guys are terrifying.

I think the time I started to really appreciate StyleForum was in one of those threads about "What Do You Like A Girl To Wear?" or something and someone stated something to the tune of, "Hey I know this is odd but I don't like when girls wear high heels. No ****" and then like 10 people called them a ***. That's when I knew I wasn't on some weak-kneed Ask Andy forum.

Originally Posted by TRINI
If anything, I want the lurkers to step their game up.

That way, once they join, they won't ask questions that have been addressed repeatedly on here.

It's like when Red Hot Chili Peppers won a Grammy and they were like, "Hey everyone start a band, we need more people making music!" I was like, "Really? You want even MORE ****** indie bands?"

itchyeyes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
smile.gif

The sad part is that after a few weeks around here, I'm starting to realize that the 20% I kept mostly crap too. This place is going to ruin my bank account.

Butter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely recommend noobs to join simply just to make the "search" function less hassle by not requiring to input the verification code. As a noob, I use that quite a lot.

However, be tactful about what opinions you express because some senior members have very thin skin and aren't mature enough to handle the slightest criticism/disagreement.

SuburbanElite

Reaction score
Just joined, probably gonna lurk for a LONG ass time until I figure out my own look/build my wardrobe.

Being a poor recent college grad doesn't help in that regard :S

Made in California

Reaction score
In hindsight, maybe I should rethink this campaign...

Yeah, you really shot from the hip. When the front page consists of only "What defines wingtips?" threads you can consider yourself solely responsible.
devil.gif

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As I type this there are currently 1/3 more lurkers than there are active members logged in. Speaking as a Senior Member who has been forced to lurk more on occasion (my fault, not teh mods) I encourage you lurkers to join!

Even if you aren't going to post much, still join as there are features of this site that lurkers aren't privy to.

Are you part of the lurking police ?

reidrothchild

Reaction score
Been lurking for months. I only joined last night to inquire about some shoes on B&S. Kind of annoying that I had to make 2 posts before I could PM a seller about the shoes, which caused me to post vague, unhelpful comments to the first two threads I had anything remotely relevant to say. Really enjoy the forum though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads