• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Folded Up Shirt Appreciation

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpallaCamiccia
I got the same issue, but in order to not destroy the armhole handwork, I can only add darts on the back while closing that obnoxious double pleats on the back that look me feel humped.

How are you gonna do?

I expect to just have them taken in at the sides.

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kaplan
I expect to just have them taken in at the sides.

But then you will have to redo the armhole, that I know. Or to diminish the armhole either.

How are you gonna do to preserve the original handwork on it ?

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are one sick dude
facepalm.gif

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
You are one sick dude
facepalm.gif

Obssessive compulsive people and insecure ones collect things. Gordon Gekko, Wall Street 2 ( just came from the cinema )

Yes I am about shirts.
plain.gif

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpallaCamiccia
But then you will have to redo the armhole, that I know. Or to diminish the armhole either.

How are you gonna do to preserve the original handwork on it ?

I don't see why the armhole would have to be redone
confused.gif

FWIW, I don't need them taken in at the chest, just some slimming of the body from somewhere below the armholes, through the waist to the hem. As far as I can tell, the only handwork that will suffer are the gussets, which look like they may be hand stitched.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first shirt ordered from Blank Label. Thought I would give them a try. The shirt arrived in a tote bag. Nice touch. Good advertising. And, it really is a "blank" label! (Five line music staff???)

sat1j.jpg

sat2y.jpg

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by polar-lemon
That collar is horrendous.

I think the angle of the shot makes it look "off". On a hanger, it looks right. It is not a Brooks Bros BD.

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
I think the angle of the shot makes it look "off". On a hanger, it looks right. It is not a Brooks Bros BD.
The spread just looks incredibly narrow--in fact, as if there weren't one at all, but rather that the points head straight forward from the collar. The point length also looks short, but that's more of a personal preference.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by polar-lemon
The spread just looks incredibly narrow--in fact, as if there weren't one at all, but rather that the points head straight forward from the collar. The point length also looks short, but that's more of a personal preference.

yeah, next time I would see if they could move those collar buttons out a bit more.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
yeah, next time I would see if they could move those collar buttons out a bit more.

That would be my preference, also. I'm going to take it to a local tailor and see what might be possible. This shirt was an experiment. It will be fine for casual wear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads