• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Temujin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CasmirRadon
I went to my local outlet a couple months back and it was a harrowing experience. Bins of broken kid's board games mixed indiscriminately with broken shards of tacky glassware contributed to a general feeling of danger... as did packed crowds of animal-like "customers" who made it virtually impossible to even fit in most of the isles.

I don't think I could stomach going back. Hard to judge anything like this from only a single visit, but it seemed like this store operated by putting out all the stuff that never even get's deemed worth for local Goodwill stores, due to being completely ******* broken, complete garbage, or both.

In other news, I wish I was having the luck I've been seeing on here lately, but at least it is inspiring.

I went to an outlet a few months ago and found 2 nice wood wooden hangers and a green Bible. Everything else was as described above. This one charged by the pound, which was also interesting. It was right next door to a regular GW, in which I found 2 nice BB suits for $15 ea.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally...
A newer wool/cashmere mainline Zegna SC, in an awesome fall/winter pattern. 3/2 roll front with double vents....was sitting in the pants isle!
eh.gif

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A bit of a frustrating experience this morning - the headline is that I purchased nothing (partly due to a growing realisation that I have too much stuff already).

However, the frustration arose from the amount of excellent items that were nowhere near fitting me. In one shop, nearly 60% of the stock was beautiful bespoke pieces (albiet priced accordingly) - including an astounding 22oz Harris tweed overcoat and some beautiful flannel suits. Another had a couple of virtually unworn Hickey Freeman suits. Oh well, you have good days and you have bad days.

Xenos

Reaction score
Have been on the hunt for a new formal outfit as I have an occasion to wear it at the end of January. Tired of my old tuxedo that has served me well for eleven years. Was prepared to pay, well, not retail, but certainly Loehmanns, Off 5Th, outlet prices. At GW today, found a single-breasted, double-vented (against the rules, I know) dinner jacket with peak lapels. Purple Label. $12.99.

Sleeve and jacket length are perfect. May be too tight in the chest, but I tried it on over a few layers including a bulky sweater. Holding out hope it fits when worn with just a shirt. Sadly, the pants were nowhere to be found. Searched high and low, including in all women's sections. Nothing. Will try back at the same store in a few days. Of course, this pursuit assumes the jacket and pants were both donated.

Maybe will pair with a pair of blackwatch formal pants?

dahl5yankees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Headed to two thrift stores today, first one found
1 Thomas Pink shirt french cuffs for $7, not bad.

Was headed to the bank on the other side of town,
since it was on the way stopped in at Goodwill. Not much,
then see a great looking Orvis shirt. Nothing else as I
went to try it on, see Etro shirt $4.99, mint condition.

Try shirts on, come out find 10 Zegna pants, several Zanellas
and Hiltl pants and Incombex (not sure how to spell but I bought
them).

I start thinking, I better check out the suits.

Bam.

One Brioni 100 percent cashmere with side vents....$14.99

Bam,

Another silk/wool Brioni traino sc. then another and another.

Charvet shirt, passed on. rough shape
Dunhill shirt, bought.

Left Pal Zileri jacket, Zegna pants (stains).

I'm a full-time seminary student studying to be a Pastor. Money is
super tight as I was going to the bank to cover our account, I was
praying and thanking God for all He's done.

Today was a great day!

Dahl5yankees on Ebay

MKB

Reaction score
Pics, or even God won't believe you.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dahl5yankees
Headed to two thrift stores today, first one found 1 Thomas Pink shirt french cuffs for $7, not bad. Was headed to the bank on the other side of town, since it was on the way stopped in at Goodwill. Not much, then see a great looking Orvis shirt. Nothing else as I went to try it on, see Etro shirt $4.99, mint condition. Try shirts on, come out find 10 Zegna pants, several Zanellas and Hiltl pants and Incombex (not sure how to spell but I bought them). I start thinking, I better check out the suits. Bam. One Brioni 100 percent cashmere with side vents....$14.99 Bam, Another silk/wool Brioni traino sc. then another and another. Charvet shirt, passed on. rough shape Dunhill shirt, bought. Left Pal Zileri jacket, Zegna pants (stains). I'm a full-time seminary student studying to be a Pastor. Money is super tight as I was going to the bank to cover our account, I was praying and thanking God for all He's done. Today was a great day! Dahl5yankees on Ebay
So it was you who beat me to the punch today!
devil.gif
Haha, just kidding. Glad to hear one of us found some worthwhile stuff. It was a complete bust for me today. Thankfully they aren't my size, otherwise I'd be even more jealous!

bandaloop

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dahl5yankees
Headed to two thrift stores today, first one found
1 Thomas Pink shirt french cuffs for $7, not bad.

Was headed to the bank on the other side of town,
since it was on the way stopped in at Goodwill. Not much,
then see a great looking Orvis shirt. Nothing else as I
went to try it on, see Etro shirt $4.99, mint condition.

Try shirts on, come out find 10 Zegna pants, several Zanellas
and Hiltl pants and Incombex (not sure how to spell but I bought
them).

I start thinking, I better check out the suits.

Bam.

One Brioni 100 percent cashmere with side vents....$14.99

Bam,

Another silk/wool Brioni traino sc. then another and another.

Charvet shirt, passed on. rough shape
Dunhill shirt, bought.

Left Pal Zileri jacket, Zegna pants (stains).

I'm a full-time seminary student studying to be a Pastor. Money is
super tight as I was going to the bank to cover our account, I was
praying and thanking God for all He's done.

Today was a great day!

Dahl5yankees on Ebay

So are you flipping these? If so picture please...

dahl5yankees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried to upload a photo this morning, said file too big.
Two are posted on Ebay, size is 46R, under Dahl5yankees

Xenos

Reaction score
At lunch today, I found a dark grey Benson & Clegg (Jermyn Street) 2-button , double-vented sport coat with ticket pocket and working buttonholes on the first two buttons of each sleeve. Fabric feels like cashmere but can't find any tags to confirm. $10. Very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads