• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cptjeff
Why aren't you keeping the coat? It looks like it fits great. Unless you're in a climate where you quite literally never need it, you should keep that one.

Edit: nevermind, completely missed the south florida line in your post.

+1, I would keep that in case you travel anywhere cooler, the fit is excellent and you're not out by much cash if you keep it.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xenos
At lunch today, I found a dark grey Benson & Clegg (Jermyn Street) 2-button , double-vented sport coat with ticket pocket and working buttonholes on the first two buttons of each sleeve. Fabric feels like cashmere but can't find any tags to confirm. $10. Very happy.

I also found a nice Benson & Clegg suit today, black (aaarrgghhh!) DB, but too short for me.

I ended up buying a Hackett evening suit - quite expensive by thrift store standards, but I need one for an upcoming event and I've acquired everything else on the cheap.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
eBay "thrifts":
capturecqx.jpg
From left to right: Dunhill, Lochcarron (wool), PRL (unlined woven - doesn't keep shape too well), Talbott BOC, Turnbull & Asser (woven) Grand total: $90

Guitar Preacher

Reaction score
Not much of a brag in terms of value or label or anything I picked up probably my favorite thrifted item today. This khaki rubberized rain slicker that has some serious Take Ivy steez.
DSC_0200.jpg

the label
DSC_0197.jpg

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Guitar Preacher
Not much of a brag in terms of value or label or anything I picked up probably my favorite thrifted item today. This khaki rubberized rain slicker that has some serious Take Ivy steez.
DSC_0200.jpg

the label
DSC_0197.jpg

This thing is cool as ****.

DoTheGrownup

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
Wow - that's actually quite a coincidence, as there is only one men's clothier in Wayzata! Was it made for someone who lives in Wayzata or was it a store in Wayzata? It's not a very large city either, it's just a suburb of Minneapolis. Was it from Judd Frost, per chance? They usually use a green label.

http://juddfrost.com/

Isn't The Foursome also in Wayzata?

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ooh yeah, I forgot about them. They've moved to a new location off Hwy 55 in Plymouth since they're ridding of the mall in Wayzata where they used to be. I haven't been there since they've moved, but the new store looks pretty nice judging by the picture on their website. http://thefoursome.com/content/Store_News.htm

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now who in thier right mind would pass on wearing the spammers boots?

Larson McCord

Reaction score
Not exactly thrift but my local Marshall's has Clark's desert boots in dark brown for $49.99, got a pair today.

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamfoldes
Went thrifting for the first time in years ended up with a decent haul... Dolcepunta softpoint tie $1 Ted Baker $1 Two pairs of Canali slacks $3 each Armani Colezioni Sport Coat Black with gray pattern $5 Marks & Spencer Houndstooth Sportcoat $6 and the last item not sure who makes it but thought it would be good for the bay as I will never get use out of it in south Florida, Camel Full Length 55/45 Wool/Alpaca Double Breasted Overcoat with Patch Pockets Hand Tailored in Italy (tagged 44 inside) If anyone is interested in the coat PM me
Wow, your thrift store has much better prices than the ones I visit up northeast.

mat135ta

Reaction score
I saw a nice leather jacket today. The label says "Cinquantanove", "59" in the middle, then "made in Italy" on the bottom. There is another label with "Massimo Gori". Does anyone know if this is worth picking up?

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dahl5yankees
I tried to upload a photo this morning, said file too big.
Two are posted on Ebay, size is 46R, under Dahl5yankees

And you did sell all. Good job padre!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads