• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gregaz
Постараюсь помочь.

laugh.gif
Помогло!

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
oct11005.jpg

I wish this had better lighting, HF. It looks like a rich and very appealing combo, but I can't really be sure of the colors.

Originally Posted by bleachboy
I think this may be a risky outfit. Blue shoes inspired by a recent thread. Critiques appreciated! Help me dress better.
I can't get behind the blue shoes, bb, but that's just me. I like everything else except that the pattern on the SC fights against the pattern on the slacks. They look pretty good together at a distance, though.

Originally Posted by moseytan
looking forward to hear how i can improve!
I think you could use either a striped shirt or a more colorful tie, mt. Together they are too bland. Which is the same problem I've got goin' on today. (Tried to fix it with a pocket square.)

Closeup-31.jpg

Feet-9.jpg

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
That does look good, and I own the same shirt in that colour. In the original it is a pink one, however, I think my white balance is a bit off... Not everyone's a fan of pink shirts, must be said. You can get away with a lot here in Italy.
I don't mind pink, I just think it didn't work out so well here, But it looks like I am in the minority. Different strokes.
Originally Posted by niidawg3
c5707471.jpg

Looks good Nii, but fit's already been commented on. I'll leave it be
biggrin.gif
Originally Posted by TC(Houston)
5071379953_59dc19379e_b.jpg

Like it, but I think a darker trou would be better.
Originally Posted by MBreinin
1011-1.jpg

Very much like.
Originally Posted by bleachboy
2010-10-11a.jpg
I think this may be a risky outfit. Blue shoes inspired by a recent thread. Critiques appreciated! Help me dress better.

Originally Posted by edmorel
I think most of your stuff is rather sedate (nice way of saying "blah"). Your jackets looks like they are suit separates, for the most part. The fit is not horrible but your color sense is. You make matters worse when you try to spice up the outfits (see: blue shoes). My suggestion, start off with the basics. Navy sportcoat, some kind of herringbone or tweed/gunclub. Get some blue shirts, stripes and solids, they will work great with your skintone. Pinks also. Stay away from patterned pants, unless they fit you perfectly (those don't). Blue shoes are just not going to work in your closet right now. Don't ever wear those again. Your posture is not doing you any favors and those eyeglass frames are not doing you any favors, I would get something round. My thoughts on an outfit for you: A navy or brown herringbone sportcoat (cut like the Brooks sacks that luftvier has been wearing), some mid grey solid pants which are slimmer trough the calves and leg opening, a solid blue or blue stripe shirt with long points and a slight spread collar, a small patterned tie and some dark brown/cordovan wingtips (think RL Darlton, Alden etc).
Agreed with the above. Troll AAAC trad thrift exchange for some sack coats.
teacha.gif
And if you're a 9.5d or a 10b/c, just send me those shoes.
laugh.gif
Originally Posted by Prestosmp
Homemade PS.. learned how to sew last night thanks to my wife Here is a look at the PS....
69154_533203663776_35500033_31526238_3743256_n.jpg

Great! I have to learn to hand-roll and sew my own silks.
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
Went to a wedding yesterday & pulled out the vintage mohair sharkskin & my best Spoo picture montage. Cover your eyes; the sheen is pretty harsh...
Photoon2010-10-09at1804.jpg

I like this a lot. It's a 3/2, no?
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Trying a new, simpler, single-photo format:
oct11005.jpg

HF, you always elegantly pair colors, textures, and patterns that I would NEVER think to do myself. Well-done.
. . . the last thing I take "seriously" is a board full of grown men posting pictures of themselves. This place is pure entertainment, Nii, and I treat it that way. It is a very entertaining distraction from reality....
5073010510_848c53b26b.jpg

Today: I feel awful. Flu might be coming on. Left work early. Staying in bed. Gah. Of course, made time for Serious Business. New buttons - lions' heads.
5072399565_a9f4354e80_z.jpg
5072398845_e76b350444.jpg
5072402805_2a75f3774f.jpg
5073000962_a298c481ee.jpg

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
Today: I feel awful. Flu might be coming on. Left work early. Staying in bed. Gah.

Of course, made time for Serious Business. New buttons - lions' heads.
5072399565_a9f4354e80_z.jpg
5072398845_e76b350444.jpg
5072402805_2a75f3774f.jpg
5073000962_a298c481ee.jpg
[/center]

Fantastic! I might be stoned for saying this, but trousers seem a bit short. A half of an inch more would make this perfect.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score

edit: oh God - i am going to sound like the senior members who explain any criticism they receive ...

looked back at the pictures and i take it you are referring to the creasing in the middle? I am definitely a few pounds heavier than my normal weight (206 now .. normally at 200) but since i am moving in all the shots ... the end result is the clothes will not look impeccable. I plan on taking all moving shots this week in part because of the rant by whnay on the DB patch pocket thread.

It's not really a whnay. reference without the period.

Moreover, whnay. does not rant. He elucidates.

- B

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
Fantastic! I might be stoned for saying this, but trousers seem a bit short. A half of an inch more would make this perfect.

Thanks.
Unfortunately, BR made their 30s really short. I had them taken out as much as possible already.
confused.gif

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
IMG_0517.jpg

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

- B

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was giving you honest feedback. The jacket is too tight. I was making an attempt at levity with the rest of it. It is not like I am awaiting an opportunity to strike back at you for your comment, or something like that. Good lord, man.
laugh.gif

I have once gone back in to change after I decided it was just too hot for a suit. After I took the pics, of course.
blush.gif
I took the time to get dressed and take pics, no harm in posting them up.

And, the last thing I take "seriously" is a board full of grown men posting pictures of themselves. This place is pure entertainment, Nii, and I treat it that way. It is a very entertaining distraction from reality....

Mike

okay so let me get this straight:

Nii posts picture
Mike says there are fit issues

Nii says oh yeah i see it ... acknowledges the problem as pointed out by you and other posters.
Mike says oh you have issues at your waist

Nii says oh yeah i see it ... makes a joke about his weight and going to the gym after eating a ton
Mike says you have issues and i'm giving you honest feedback

Nii says oh yeah you are right i see it
Mike says oh you have isses at your waist and i'm giving you honest feedback

Nii says oh yeah you are right i see them
Mike says ...

Of course I know you were giving honest feedback ... i acknowledged it, didn't i? As well as acknowledging every one else who said it, no? In my first reply to you i said, oh yeah i see the issues in the middle and i have put on weight no?

Its not like i disputed the feedback from the get go like some are known to do ... so i am struggling to understand why you have to keep going on and on and on about it. Others made a joke about my weight ... and i poked fun at myself too cos its all love and to me its not that serious. Yet you still want to keep going on.

Carry on then ... you obviously NEED to have the last word so i rest my case from here on out.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
It's not really a whnay. reference without the period.

Moreover, whnay. does not rant. He elucidates.
- B

duly noted Vox. nice choice of vocabulary

what up whnay.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by luftvier
Looks good Nii, but fit's already been commented on. I'll leave it be
biggrin.gif

say it three times over, then i'll REALLY get it ... lol.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
okay so let me get this straight:

Nii posts picture
Mike says there are fit issues

Nii says oh yeah i see it ... acknowledges the problem as pointed out by you and other posters.
Mike says oh you have issues at your waist

Nii says oh yeah i see it ... makes a joke about his weight and going to the gym after eating a ton
Mike says you have issues and i'm giving you honest feedback

Nii says oh yeah you are right i see it
Mike says oh you have isses at your waist and i'm giving you honest feedback

Nii says oh yeah you are right i see them
Mike says ...

Of course I know you were giving honest feedback ... i acknowledged it, didn't i? As well as acknowledging every one else who said it, no? In my first reply to you i said, oh yeah i see the issues in the middle and i have put on weight no?

Its not like i disputed the feedback from the get go like some are known to do ... so i am struggling to understand why you have to keep going on and on and on about it. Others made a joke about my weight ... and i poked fun at myself too cos its all love and to me its not that serious. Yet you still want to keep going on.

Carry on then ... you obviously NEED to have the last word so i rest my case from here on out.

WTF, man?
facepalm.gif

I said fit issues and you asked what they were. That was all. I didn't blow it up or out of proportion. I was trying to be funny about it.

Who pissed in your cornflakes today, Nii?

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads