• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers 50% Discount

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey..I was in the JCREW mens store on Bway in nYc a few weeks ago looking for a tie I saw in the catalogue and the SECURITY GUARD kinda said to me that he can get me 40%(i think that was it) off of anything I want. JCREW is not really my thing but I made a mental note..

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by detroiter
I see nothing wrong with this. I used to bang a slightly overweight girl back in college so she would let me use her nordstrom discount. Banged a really ******** when I was 18 cause she worked at the liquor store and would give me free cases of beer and multiple bottles of liquor. I used to flirt with the girl at the godiva store, when I worked at a dell kiosk in the mall during college, because they would throw the chocolate covered strawberries out at the end of the day, and she would give them to me instead. I love getting cheap ****, and or free ****, and see nothing wrong with flirting and or banging to get it. I am not an attorney though.
uh, does the word prostitute come to mind?

TheD0n

Reaction score
Originally Posted by butterflystyle
There is a super cute clerk at the Michigan Ave. Brooks Brothers I might have to try this line on.

Will report my findings after researching this at lunch today.
bigstar[1].gif

detroiter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cant kill da Rooster
uh, does the word prostitute come to mind?

I think you are confusing the word "prostitute" with the term "Playa for real".

Hahaha, no seriously, who cares. Is it really that big of a deal? I mean honestly do you really get offended, or are you just upset that you could not get the same discount? I don't do this anymore (only because I am in a monogomous relationship), but at 23 years old, come on who cares.

potemkin_city_limits

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by detroiter
I think you are confusing the word "prostitute" with the term "Playa for real".

Hahaha, no seriously, who cares. Is it really that big of a deal? I mean honestly do you really get offended, or are you just upset that you could not get the same discount? I don't do this anymore (only because I am in a monogomous relationship), but at 23 years old, come on who cares.

Funny how much of an emphasis you put on how fat the girls you dated were. It really makes it sound like you would date some girl who you actually dont find attractive just so you can save a few bucks, which in turn makes you sound like a dickhole.

I bet your current girlfriend is also fat and now your trying to justify it because its not the social norm.

potemkin_city_limits

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheD0n
Yikes, where has this thread gone??
cry.gif

It quickly went from questionable morals to some guy bragging about banging fat girls. Actually, the thread started and has ended up in almost the exact same place.

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by potemkin_city_limits
Funny how much of an emphasis you put on how fat the girls you dated were. It really makes it sound like you would date some girl who you actually dont find attractive just so you can save a few bucks, which in turn makes you sound like a dickhole.

I bet your current girlfriend is also fat and now your trying to justify it because its not the social norm.

Does she work at Brooks Brothers?

See what I did there?

detroiter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by potemkin_city_limits

Yea, no she isnt, my current girlfriend is 100 pounds. not even close to fat. I work in finance guy, we get hot girls. You sound angry as **** at me for no reason, which makes me bet your a closet gay.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GUYS. Let's get back on topic! Otherwise Richard will come back and yell at us for not waiting on him hand and foot.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Richard Pryor
I was at the store today. Wanted to try on the Cordovan loafers ($600) and I asked the lady that was helping me when was the next sale coming up. She told me that probably in December, but that most sales don't apply to cordovan. Then I asked her how much of a discount the employees get, and she told me 50%! Conversation when more or less like this.

- 50%?! Does that include cordovan shoes?
- Yes. Why, you want to work here (smiles)?
- Its an option. Or I could buy you dinner and we could talk about some sort of arrangement.
- Dinner would be nice, but if I were to buy $600 shoes they would probably know they were not for me, since I could not afford them. A couple of shirts they don't mind, but I'm not that sure about the cordovan shoes.

After a while, I took her card and told her I would get in touch with her.

This sounds like a great idea, doesn't it? Maybe not with her (she's a female), but I could give a male employee $100 so he can buy $2000 worth of clothes, with 50% discount, around Christmas time with the excuse that he's buying gifts with his paycheck.

Thoughts?

Once upon on time in a land far away lived..........

This should be the required header for all
spam[1].gif
threads
lol8[1].gif

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the difference between a lawyer and a catfish?

One is a smelly bottom-feeder who lives off trash.

The other one's just a catfish.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Richard Pryor
You ******* idiots. Be my guest and pay full price on everything you buy. I try to get the most bang for the buck in everything I get.

I can't vision Mudbones trying on shoes in Brook Brothers
puzzled.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics