Brooks Brothers 50% Discount

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Richard Pryor, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Richard Pryor

Richard Pryor Senior member

You fucking idiots. I bet a lawyer banged your sister and your gf, and that's why you all hate lawyers. I'm proud to be a lawyer. You idiots probably don't even have a college degree.

Regarding the shoes, I can afford them, but I'd rather save $300 and buy some shirts. I guess that's a sin for some of you prudes. I'm glad most of you don't have my mentality. Then again, I'm sure you don't have the looks or skills to pull it off either.

Keep paying full price for shit [​IMG]

2. kylelovesyou

kylelovesyou Senior member

I actually prefer to offer stores a 10% price increase on everything I buy.

3. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

You fucking idiots. I bet a lawyer banged your sister and your gf, and that's why you all hate lawyers. I'm proud to be a lawyer. You idiots probably don't even have a college degree.

Regarding the shoes, I can afford them, but I'd rather save $300 and buy some shirts. I guess that's a sin for some of you prudes. I'm glad most of you don't have my mentality. Then again, I'm sure you don't have the looks or skills to pull it off either.

Your life sounds sad...

4. TheD0n

TheD0n Senior member

You fucking idiots. I bet a lawyer banged your sister and your gf, and that's why you all hate lawyers. I'm proud to be a lawyer. You idiots probably don't even have a college degree. Regarding the shoes, I can afford them, but I'd rather save $300 and buy some shirts. I guess that's a sin for some of you prudes. I'm glad most of you don't have my mentality. Then again, I'm sure you don't have the looks or skills to pull it off either. Keep paying full price for shit [​IMG]
    I don't trust a lawyer who gets this frustrated after an Internet forum questions his morals... I guess he's just perpetuating the negative image of lawyers. Good job?

5. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Senior member

Richard, I think you are putting too high a value on the discount. Although I'm not doubting your skills playboy. Save the dinner money unless you are thinking john blaze. $20-$50 in cash should get you the discount.

6. TM79

TM79 Senior member

Take the other $300 and go to anger management class, brah.

If you don't smoke weed... start.

7. TheD0n

TheD0n Senior member

There is a super cute clerk at the Michigan Ave. Brooks Brothers I might have to try this line on.
    Based off evidence gathered through research at lunch today, I have no choice but to refute the proposition that a super cute clerk works at the Michigan Ave. Brooks Brothers (at least on Friday afternoon).

8. chenc

chenc Senior member

I see nothing wrong with this. I used to bang a slightly overweight girl back in college so she would let me use her nordstrom discount. Banged a really fat girl when I was 18 cause she worked at the liquor store and would give me free cases of beer and multiple bottles of liquor. I used to flirt with the girl at the godiva store, when I worked at a dell kiosk in the mall during college, because they would throw the chocolate covered strawberries out at the end of the day, and she would give them to me instead. I love getting cheap shit, and or free shit, and see nothing wrong with flirting and or banging to get it. I am not an attorney though.

Hey..I was in the JCREW mens store on Bway in nYc a few weeks ago looking for a tie I saw in the catalogue and the SECURITY GUARD kinda said to me that he can get me 40%(i think that was it) off of anything I want. JCREW is not really my thing but I made a mental note..

Did he take you out to dinner?

9. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Senior member

Ive recently gotten myself into some legal troubles and I feel like it would be really great to simply lose the case as quickly as possible. Any chance I can hire you to defend me? My plan is to start out with a not guilty plea, then have the judge question any one thing you say, then you just go ahead and freak the shit out on him and we both go to jail. From the sounds of it you are just the man for the job.

You should consider adding a tag line to your business cards. Something along the lines of "When you really really really really dont want to win your case." Then you can also put a tag line underneath your tag line that says "P.S. Will work for discounts on clothes. P.P.S. I will also bang a fatty to get it if I have to."

10. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

I find it funny that the employees of Brooks Brothers dont make enough money to buy the things they sell. The joys of working in retail I guess.

The best are the snobby SA's in watch stores. They can be the BIGGEST pricks sometimes and in many cases can't afford the item about which they are being a prick.

I was treated so poorly by a guy selling IWC's in Naples, FL one year. He said that he wasn't allowed to show any of the IWC's with in-house movements [​IMG] even though I was asking about the standard Flieger Chrono (or whatever it's called now) which surely has some variant of the 7750, not an in-house movement (and we were the only people in the shop).

I started to protest but realized it wasn't worth it. I was even wearing a new (and hard to get a the time) SS Rolex GMTIIC, ref. 116710. I just don't get the attitude. I was very serious about buying as well. I'm sure retail sales sucks, but come on...it's not like I walked in there in flip-flops.

11. detroiter

detroiter Senior member

I love buying expensive shit when I look like a bum. Frankly, I do it a lot because when I am not at work I always look like a straight bum in sweats and or shorts, with some airmaxes on. Some clerks still give you the time of day, and others do not. IF they don't I usually don't buy anything from them.

12. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

Does she work at Brooks Brothers?

See what I did there?

I happened to see a saleswoman from BB at the Starbucks today - I'm not sure it's be worth the discount...

13. SouthPhillyMan

SouthPhillyMan Well-Known Member

The do gooders in this thread are being extremely hypocritical. Richard Pryor is not stealing or forcing the BB employee to do anything. He presented her with an opportunity to make money, she weighed the opportunity cost in her head and declined. What's the issue. The after market stereo in my car I bought from a electronic store employee in the parking lot at a $200 discount. If I don't have to pay full price....why would I? Years ago a friend of mine worked at a neiman marcus shipping center. He would STEAL boxes of clearance items that weren't tracked(i guess because they were clearance iono) and resell them. As a friend I let him know the risk involved and told him to stop....he did not. I realized he was going sell the stuff to SOMEBODY and I'd be an idiot to miss out on the deep discount.(once in a lifetime opportunity basically). I bought a ton of it. Sue me (no pun). In this economy you have to do whatever you have to do to survive or save a buck. [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Viral

Viral Senior member

wow............I didn't realize so many people form BB's HR department are forum members.

why shouldn't the OP get the discount? Unless he's literally stealing items from the store who gives a fuck? Oh, wait...........the haters on SF do!!

15. forex

forex Senior member

wow............I didn't realize so many people form BB's HR department are forum members.

why shouldn't the OP get the discount? Unless he's literally stealing items from the store who gives a fuck? Oh, wait...........the haters on SF do!!

Because this may be grounds for employee's termination. I personally know someone that was terminated because of this. Now ask yourself, is this worth somebody losing his/her job? It is not a great job but it must be paying bills and that person may depend on that pay.