• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers 50% Discount

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SouthPhillyMan
The do gooders in this thread are being extremely hypocritical. Richard Pryor is not stealing or forcing the BB employee to do anything. He presented her with an opportunity to make money, she weighed the opportunity cost in her head and declined. What's the issue.
The after market stereo in my car I bought from a electronic store employee in the parking lot at a $200 discount. If I don't have to pay full price....why would I?
Years ago a friend of mine worked at a neiman marcus shipping center. He would STEAL boxes of clearance items that weren't tracked(i guess because they were clearance iono) and resell them. As a friend I let him know the risk involved and told him to stop....he did not. I realized he was going sell the stuff to SOMEBODY and I'd be an idiot to miss out on the deep discount.(once in a lifetime opportunity basically). I bought a ton of it. Sue me (no pun). In this economy you have to do whatever you have to do to survive or save a buck.
devil.gif
smile.gif

Sounds like a quality friend!
facepalm.gif

HPress

Reaction score
Originally Posted by detroiter
Yea, no she isnt, my current girlfriend is 100 pounds. not even close to fat. I work in finance guy, we get hot girls. You sound angry as **** at me for no reason, which makes me bet your a closet gay.

You sound like a really nice guy!
smile.gif

Made in California

Reaction score
I see nothing wrong with this. I used to bang a slightly overweight girl back in college so she would let me use her nordstrom discount. Banged a really ******** when I was 18 cause she worked at the liquor store and would give me free cases of beer and multiple bottles of liquor. I used to flirt with the girl at the godiva store, when I worked at a dell kiosk in the mall during college, because they would throw the chocolate covered strawberries out at the end of the day, and she would give them to me instead. I love getting cheap ****, and or free ****, and see nothing wrong with flirting and or banging to get it. I am not an attorney though.

Haha, I really enjoyed this post.

Originally Posted by Viral
wow............I didn't realize so many people form BB's HR department are forum members.

Seriously.

forex, I don't see how you knowing someone who got fired is applicable. One of the Guitar Center employees mentioned earlier that I bought from was fired (not for the item he bought for me). I don't now think, "Oh I shouldn't have bought that keyboard from Josh." If you're doing something that's somewhat risque, in any area of life, it's up to you to make sure it's done with tact. Trying to be someone's babysitter and thinking you know their occupational hazards better than they do is absolutely ridiculous.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see nothing wrong with this. I used to bang a slightly overweight girl back in college so she would let me use her nordstrom discount. Banged a really ******** when I was 18 cause she worked at the liquor store and would give me free cases of beer and multiple bottles of liquor. I used to flirt with the girl at the godiva store, when I worked at a dell kiosk in the mall during college, because they would throw the chocolate covered strawberries out at the end of the day, and she would give them to me instead. I love getting cheap ****, and or free ****, and see nothing wrong with flirting and or banging to get it. I am not an attorney though.

If you were a woman and doing this, would you be a slut or a whore ?

Made in California

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
If you were a woman and doing this, would you be a slut or a whore ?

Yes, that's what people would say. Fortunately for him he is a man and there is a double-standard.

I would still call him a man-whore, but appreciate his efforts. I believe one of my high school coaches would have described his behavior as "Selling out for the play". That is, he took one for the team by sleeping with an undesirable girl so that everyone could drink cheaper. Very similar in mantra, I think, to George Washington crossing the Delaware.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Made in California
Very similar in mantra, I think, to George Washington crossing the Delaware.

Please expound on this, my knowledge of American history is non-existent.

Made in California

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
Please expound on this, my knowledge of American history is non-existent.

EmanuelLeutze-George-Washington-Crossing-the-Delaware-1851.jpg

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cant kill da Rooster
uh, does the word prostitute come to mind?

????????????????????

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chenc
Did he take you out to dinner?

nah bro.....not that type of party....

howardu09

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
It's wrong, and many stores consider this as grounds for termination.
You'd totally get them fired. This sounds very unethical. If you're a stone cold ice king, then sure go for the discount and forget about them.

cimabue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by howardu09
You'd totally get them fired. This sounds very unethical. If you're a stone cold ice king, then sure go for the discount and forget about them.

See where a little self-respect leads? Next you'll be talking dignity, strength of character, integrity, which draws like-minded people to you, and before you know it you're on some kind of life-affirming path.

Who needs that ****? Workin' the system is much more fun.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by howardu09
Of course it's unethical, and anyone who benefits from such a scheme is as much a thief as the employee.

JensenH

Reaction score
Originally Posted by potemkin_city_limits
Funny how much of an emphasis you put on how fat the girls you dated were. It really makes it sound like you would date some girl who you actually dont find attractive just so you can save a few bucks, which in turn makes you sound like a dickhole.

I bet your current girlfriend is also fat and now your trying to justify it because its not the social norm.

Some fat chicks are hot.
inlove.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics