• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's Talk About Replica Watches...

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pastafarian
we as in everyone that posts in style forum.

you're in denial if you don't think you're a poser.

We obviously have very different definitions of 'poser'.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We are all posers here.

Whether it's the poser that buys an off the rack dolce suit or the poser that goes to HK to buy tailor made italian suits.

The poser that wears Edward Green shoes or the poser that buys Paraboot shoes.

Every poster on this forum is a poser of some sort.

The thing about posing is that..... it's an art in itself. To pose with some taste and style would make you seem more, "natural" and less of a poser than someone wearing a big Panerai clock on their wrist. But at the core, we are all posers.

Some are just more subtle than others.

A fake rolex will accomplish the subtle, classy look for me at 1/10th the price of a real one.

I'm not sure you understand what that term means, but I laud you on your obnoxious forwardness. You'll do well here.

seattlesf

Reaction score
Wearing a big Panerai is saying "LOOK AT ME! I'M A DOUCHE"

It's the BMW 3 series coupe of watches.

http://www.askmen.com/fashion/mens-w...g-panerai.html

This is a ridiculous article...just look at the responses. I wear my Panerai every single day and i dont care who notices me or not, it puts a smile on my face. Most people don't even know what a Panerai is, unless you are into watches.

Butter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We are all posers here.

Whether it's the poser that buys an off the rack dolce suit or the poser that goes to HK to buy tailor made italian suits.

The poser that wears Edward Green shoes or the poser that buys Paraboot shoes.

Every poster on this forum is a poser of some sort.

The thing about posing is that..... it's an art in itself. To pose with some taste and style would make you seem more, "natural" and less of a poser than someone wearing a big Panerai clock on their wrist. But at the core, we are all posers.

Some are just more subtle than others.

A fake rolex will accomplish the subtle, classy look for me at 1/10th the price of a real one.

...I am speechless...

The logic here owns me too much. I have nothing to counter this unparalleled wisdom with.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just curious, can you post a pic of your rolex if it's not too much trouble? How many years have you owned it? Is it a Swiss Made replica? Is it holding up?

Sure. I've had it about a year, it runs fine. All the chronograph functions work perfectly. It's heavy like a Rolex, it has the crown laser etched on the crystal, the serial numbers all over, etc, etc. There is no such thing as a Swiss made replica. Some may or may not have Lemania or ETA movements. Who knows -- they're counterfeiting the watch, I'm sure they could etch "ETA" on whatever movement. It is very well made.

The "grades" thing is bull too. There are two grades: Crappy and good. Buy a good one. The crappy ones are really crappy. The good ones are indistinguishable and intended to deceive (holograms, packaging, etc).

PM me if you want to know where I got it.

Daytona.jpg

p.s. I am the dork who synced the second hand and the chronograph hand. It works like a normal chrono.

jim10

Reaction score
If you wear a fake, and your friends, relatives, co-workers, clients, or the woman you're out on a date with ask you: "Is that a real Rolex?", do you (A) lie to them, or (B), embarass yourself by admitting it's a fake?

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jim10
If you wear a fake, and your friends, relatives, co-workers, clients, or the woman you're out on a date with ask you: "Is that a real Rolex?", do you (A) lie to them, or (B), embarass yourself by admitting it's a fake?

Well if they got the balls to ask then obviously they think it is fake, probably because you look poor and act low class.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love A Lange & Sohne watches, but cannot afford their price tags. I almost decided to get a good fake. Not to show off, but for the aesthetics and the style that I couldn't afford otherwise. Then someone on these forums pointed out a Seiko watch to me that looked similar to the L&S watch I so desired. Thanks to that person I now have a watch for about 1% of the price that I like a lot. When I get rich, I will buy the L&S I wanted. But it won't be a fake.

echau

Reaction score
IWC's are universally recognized as the best watches. Rich in history and prestige.

You have got to be kidding me...
Many watch enthusiasts will agree, the big three are PP, AP, and VC.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is it with the recent crop of idiots from Canada? Have we bred a fresh batch of them up here or something?

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by echau
You have got to be kidding me...
Many watch enthusiasts will agree, the big three are PP, AP, and VC.

This is correct. Those have been considered the three best watchmakers for a very long time.

Myself, I'm actually more partial to Lange and Jaeger-LeCoultre than AP and VC. JLC especially provides immense horological bang-for-the-buck.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads