• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Converse Appreciation Thread

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
too plain for me but maybe someone will like em Converse First String Standard Matchpoint III
converse-first-string-matchpoint-3-1.jpg

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_1962.jpg

Anyone know where I can buy these in Toronto? Also do I need to size down with converse? I've never bought a converse sneaker before

THanks

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
go try on a pair of converse, im sure u can find a place in Toronto that sells typical chuck taylors

i bought these in the same size as i bought regular high top chucks...the toe box is taller on the ones u posted though..which doesnt mean anything to me

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just scored these today. Fall 2010 Converse X Missoni. Yes, I paid $200 for a pair of Chucks. Best $200 spent on a pair of Sneakers IMO. These are incredible, nearly impossible to find, and no two pairs are the same because of the weave. They are leather lined with incredible detail and the fabric is just beautiful. This is the striped style, there is another style with the classic Missoni pattern in B/W...might have bought those instead if they were available. I had to go down to an 8 from my normal 8.5 Chucks so these are really snug, but i'm hoping they will wear in. Here's two quick iPhone pics, more to come.
YrDOal.jpg
J5QVCl.jpg

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snuff_daddy
i didnt realize they would retail at 200.00, did u buy from a reseller

doubt. these are from the fall/winter line. Picked up the exact pair I want. Looking nice, I need the brighter spring/summer pair to go with my darker pair. then i can wear both and once for mass ridiculous points.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
i didnt realize they would retail at 200.00, did u buy from a reseller

I reserved them at Canvas Art Talk Malibu, they just got them in today. $246 with tax. They are definitely out of sizes 8, 8.5, 9 there. Last time I called they had a 9.5 and I went with the 8. You might be able to cop them from Aloha Rag NYC if you call today, but it is fashion's night out, so who knows how fast they will go. They are sold out at all Missoni stores.

I almost didn't get these, but they had one pair of size 8 left for reserve. (Would have been more comfortable in an 8.5 but I'm getting used to the 8's) It's possible they still have larger sizes there.

They are already on ebay for $500, who knows if he will get that.

Good luck if you are interested. I think the Missoni pattern ones are dope, I think Aloha Rag was/is getting those.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Desi
doubt. these are from the fall/winter line. Picked up the exact pair I want. Looking nice, I need the brighter spring/summer pair to go with my darker pair. then i can wear both and once for mass ridiculous points.

Which ones did you get?

If I had the dough I would probably buy the Missoni pattern ones, if I could get my hands on them. I love these.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only have the dark missoni patterned ones from the spring. wanted the ones you got for the fall but didn't put myself on the waitlist.

Master Milano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
too plain for me but maybe someone will like em

Converse First String Standard Matchpoint III
converse-first-string-matchpoint-3-1.jpg

Those look a lot like these generic surplus shoes, the plimsols.

CorporateFresh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VictorC
I dont understand what who bought Converse has got to do with the fact that i dont like the look of those jack purcell shoes because they dont look like the converse that i like and am accustomed to.

You stated that they were not "traditional" Converse. In the history of Converse, the JP is one of the legacy shoes. Full disclosure: I interned at HQ in North Andover, Massachusetts as a college student. I read the Converse Manifesto over 30 times (in that summer alone). Point being, I know the brand rather well.

VictorC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CorporateFresh
Always size DOWN with the All Star.

Really? I thought they were a bit tightish. Especially around my little pinky toe. I think because they are unisex is the reason for the fitting being ever slightly too tight

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads