• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Converse Appreciation Thread

VictorC

Reaction score
Whats this jack purcell talk? Thats not converse. I want traditional converse. Classic.

CorporateFresh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VictorC
Whats this jack purcell talk? Thats not converse. I want traditional converse. Classic.

C'mon son! Are you crazy. I understand Converse bough the Purcell brand from BF but in case you don't know, Nike also bought the Converse brand (years ago). Catch up or fall off.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score

facepalm.gif

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
JPs rock.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
What is that little **** in the toe? Does it shoot laser beams?

It's a little slimmer than the average male tongue. Use your imagination. And have fun!

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
I guess those black woolriches are kinda kool, wish that black part of the sole wasn't glossy like that.

VictorC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CorporateFresh
C'mon son! Are you crazy. I understand Converse bough the Purcell brand from BF but in case you don't know, Nike also bought the Converse brand (years ago). Catch up or fall off.

I dont understand what who bought Converse has got to do with the fact that i dont like the look of those jack purcell shoes because they dont look like the converse that i like and am accustomed to.

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
The thread would be a bit more boring if all we did was talk about Chucks. I love them, but damn, there's more to Converse than Chucks.

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont understand what who bought Converse has got to do with the fact that i dont like the look of those jack purcell shoes because they dont look like the converse that i like and am accustomed to.

Cuz JPs look like this

manunose2.jpg

Basically a Converse with a band-aid tape on the nose

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
They can be tricky. I hadn't bought any all stars in quite some time 6-8 months ago, so I bought a pair of 10's. I used to be a 10.5 in Chucks (90's, early 2000's), and I'm normally a 9.5-10 in most brands of shoe. So I bought those Chucks in 10, and, they are pretty big on me. Not big enough to warrant a return, but they are big. So then (here's the part where people make fun of me, possibly) I was in a Ross for Less store about 2 weeks ago and I just happened to glance about the only pair of Chucks in the place. Carolina or Surf Blue (light blue) hi top Chucks (a color I've kinda wanted for some time, but didn't really 'need', and didn't want to spend $40 on normally). $20. They are size 9. I walked away from them but before I left the store I walked back and gambled a test fit. They actually fit quite good in a 9 (so much that I wish that prior pair I'd bought in 10's I'd gotten in 9). So I grabbed 'em. I don't know when or if I'll wear them for a while, but I couldn't pass them up at 20 bucks. So converse went from fitting me at 10.5 to a 9. Sheesh.

The moral, the size-down might be a blessing. You might even try on a couple different pairs of the same size, maybe one of the sweatshop kids made a pair a little looser one day.

TDOT

Reaction score
Damn i bought converse today and they didnt have half sizes. Size 8 is too tight and size 9 too long.

Why dont they damn do half sizes in the classic white converse.? But what do you think of these?

http://www.jdsports.co.uk/product/co...star-hi/05562/

Get the bigger size and stick in an insole. We all know they're not the best shoes for comfort.

VictorC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TDOT
Get the bigger size and stick in an insole. We all know they're not the best shoes for comfort.

Well i aleady bought the 8. If i get a 9 they look like clown shoes. Too long looking. I think i can put up with the 8 being ever slightly too tight like middleclassdude said.

Just with the size 8 i wont be able to wear 2 pairs of socks if it gets cold.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads