• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XeF4
What are some SF approved boots that are between $250 & $350?

Retail?

Red Wing Gentleman travellers/Beckmans should be in that price range.

Maybe PS Corsos.

Range gets a lot more elastic if we include semiregular or even irregular sales.

YuppieSkuppie

Reaction score
I got a PM about Vibergs and their options so I thought I'd share:

Their factory is on Herald St. in Victoria, and it has a storefront, sort of. You can see into the factory and everything.

In terms of options, they gave me a really ugly "STREET COLLECTION" catalogue, with a bunch of stuff in the back: upper leather choice (about 16 different leathers), leather lining choice (if the boots you want have a liner), stitching thread colour choice, and toe choice (rancher/work/snoot/chopped/packer). They also do all their stuff in several widths, and they told me they could make the Semi Dress boot on the same last as the 145 Oxfords I have, so I assume that means they can mix and match lasts if you've find one they have that is really comfortable for you.

I think they have more skill than style, so it's nice to have all the options... that being said, I bet they're going to hate me for all the SF phonecalls asking for very specific combinations of things.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
Retail? Red Wing Gentleman travellers/Beckmans should be in that price range. Maybe PS Corsos. Range gets a lot more elastic if we include semiregular or even irregular sales.
? Paul Smiths are $600

Nobunny

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aoluffy
lol im a student so frequently running for buses, running for lectures etc.etc.

i also just like to feel really comfortable.

Do what Enrique tells you.

YuppieSkuppie

Reaction score
lol im a student so frequently running for buses, running for lectures etc.etc.

i also just like to feel really comfortable.

Get a bicycle. **** running for anything other than exercise. And from bears.

captmomo

Reaction score
can someone reccomend me a nice casual boot/shoe which you can at times run in comfortably? my desert boots (clarks) for example are terrible for it lol.
combat boots? I wear mine when the weather's **** or I know I'm going to ****** terrain.
22072007216.jpg

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These Russell Imperial boots on J Crew are about the only deck-type boots I'd ever consider wearing.
erez.jpg
Then again, ordering the double moc boots straight from Russell would be half the cost. And wearing veal leather ^ is somehow not that appealing...
dmbbirdshooterlg.gif

Pinhas

Reaction score
Thoughs on this:
MFO936-105-1.jpg

I want something similar for the fall and for some reason like the All Saints Fold Military Boot

lawlercon

Reaction score
oakstreet bootmakers vibram sole trail oxford.

4975334151_cabd08253a_z.jpg

4975332773_6c2b2bfe79_z.jpg

4975944410_65dc1e181d_z.jpg

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, so winter is fast approaching in Toronto, I've bought some Clark DB beeswax which I really like, they are very comfortable.

Now I"m looking for some winter boots that can hold up aganist the salty roads and snow of Toronto.

I'm looking at the 2 very popular brands which are:

Red Wing Gentleman Traveler

red-wing-boots-main.jpg

Wolverine 1000 mile boot

wolverine-1000-mile-2010-fall-winter-5.jpg

Which one would you guys recommend? What's the price difference? I've seen the Red wings for about $340 retail is some online stores, but of course I'd go in and try them on

Thanks.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those Wolverines have leather soles which wouldn't work at all for snow unless you want to take them to a cobbler and get a rubber sole put on top.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads