The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Johnny_5, Nov 13, 2008.

1. meso

meso Senior member

These are really nice.

I don't fully follow, though - what was the difference between what you thought you'd ordered and what you received?

And more importantly, where did you find them for £80?? I'm veering towards Barker Harrisons at the moment, for the Dainite sole, but would go for these if I could get them for that price.

Thx... got em off Ebay, sorry should have mentioned. Ordered Bruford, got "Bruford 2." I'm not sure if there's a particularly huge difference, except the 2s are more recent.

http://hypebeast.com/2010/04/loake-burford-two-boot/

2. meso

meso Senior member

Great looking boots fuji.

I think I've finally settled on White's Retro (straight heel) Semi-dress boots in either brown chromexcel or black cherry water buffalo, with a cap toe and vibram half soles (with double leather?) for my next boot.

Although, i like slide13's with the underslung heel...

I have a pair of semi-dress boots and really like the regular (non-straight) heel on them... it's a little more unusual. White's SD boots are also ultra-comfortable. If you want to be on your feet all day, these are the boots for you. Way more comfortable than say redwing gentlemen travelers.

3. tellure

tellure Senior member

Ok guys, help me out here. I'm looking for a boot with a reddish leather (burgundy/cordovan/oxblood) that's modern, not dressy but also not too workwear. Not into the whole Red Wing / Wolverline look - too construction worker for me.

Here's the type of color I'm after:

[​IMG]

Constraints:
    - No boat boots
    - No chunky toe / workwear style boots
    - No Aldens; not a fan
    - No Doc Marten's; not a fan and want a leather sole
    - No chukkas; already have a pair of Rachel Comey Spencer Boots which are basically chukkas and which I like very much.

My favorite boot maker is Fiorentini+Baker but they don't seem to make anything in this color. hence the question.

Here's a Paul Smith boot that's pretty close to what I'm after but still a bit dressy for my tastes. I'd prefer if it was a little bit more rugged, like with the stitching more visible.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any ideas?

4. YuppieSkuppie

YuppieSkuppie Active Member

I don't really like the aging properties of chromexcel
    Oh? Care to elaborate?

5. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

Ok guys, help me out here. I'm looking for a boot with a reddish leather (burgundy/cordovan/oxblood) that's modern, not dressy but also not too workwear. Not into the whole Red Wing / Wolverline look - too construction worker for me.

Constraints:
    - No boat boots
    - No Aldens; not a fan
    - No chukkas; already have a pair of Rachel Comey Spencer Boots which are basically chukkas and which I like very much.

My favorite boot maker is Fiorentini+Baker but they don't seem to make anything in this color. hence the question.

Here's a Paul Smith boot that's pretty close to what I'm after but still a bit dressy for my tastes. I'd prefer if it was a little bit more rugged, like with the stitching more visible.

Any ideas?

Have you considered going MTO or bespoke?

Your requirements seem very specific, especially if you consider those PS boots to be 'too dressy'.

6. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

Z - I'm thinking of getting single leather, close trip, block heel, and then getting a vibram half sole put on afterwards.

Part of me feels like its a white's cop-out, but I don't want a huge sole.

Yeah, I can't decide between single or double sole, especially if I'm going to add a vibram half sole. BTW, Ed says the block heel is much harder to walk in, which I believe. The underslung sole looks so nice with the shape of the back of the boot... I think I just might change my mind.
    imo, single sole if you're going for half-sole vibrams, later__ or else, you'll end up with huge chunk of heels [specially on the block ones]. i was srsly contemplating on some captoed Americanas in dark brown Water Buffalo [on "Swing" Last] + double leather [close trim] + block heels__ but, one owner told me the double leather is quite slippery__ + the combination w/block heels just don't work well for him.

so, i might just do either__ single leather w/the block heels [like jaydc7's] or double w/undrslung [regular] heels w/c don't really look bad [as in pix below].

[​IMG]

7. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

Constraints:
    - No boat boots
    - No Aldens; not a fan

Any ideas?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

9. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

johnH123 Senior member

http://www.francos.com/items/item.asp?sku5=79228

[​IMG]

Thank you for posting a beautiful pair of boots that are almost EXACTLY what is missing from my wardrobe....boots that cost nine hundred and ninety five bloody dollars.

[​IMG]

11. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

Thank you for posting a beautiful pair of boots that are almost EXACTLY what is missing from my wardrobe....boots that cost nine hundred and ninety five bloody dollars.

[​IMG]

I feel your pain. [​IMG]

I have a pair of Rider boots and have seen more and the quality is top notch. Worth the price.

12. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

I feel your pain. [​IMG]

I have a pair of Rider boots and have seen more and the quality is top notch. Worth the price.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn you. [​IMG]

I think these would classify as a 'grail item' for me.

13. jaydc7

jaydc7 Senior member

Oh? Care to elaborate?

I think it ages too quickly and even the lightest scratches show up. I think it works well on the Roy Boot and Ultimate Indys, but for Whites, I think their other leather styles fit the boot better.

Here's the type of color I'm after.....

Any ideas?

Might want to look into Trickers.

http://www.pediwear.co.uk/trickers/ranges/32.php

IIIRD - Let us know what you decide on. I think I'm pretty set with the single, block heel, and then get a half sole put on. Also, I'm not a fan of the swing last from what I've seen.

14. B_RAD

B_RAD Well-Known Member

If only there was a place to get Wolverine 1000 mile boots for cheaper than retail..Im low on funds right now lol

15. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

revolve + coupons

black ones were on major discount not too long ago (i havent check to see what the latest revolve coupon is though)