• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thoogsby

Reaction score
Is there a free shipping code out there? I know that there's the OURTREAT one for sale items right now but is there anything else?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I was in the store today and browsed through some of the fall stuff. Its a smaller store but the selection was really disappointing. Not one interesting piece in the bunch.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tphd
yep. but there's no harm in trying to keep them looking nicer for longer.

I guess that's true for some, but I would rather see my shoes age for some reason. Personal preference I suppose
smile.gif

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I was in the store today and browsed through some of the fall stuff. Its a smaller store but the selection was really disappointing. Not one interesting piece in the bunch.

Originally Posted by aaaeeeiiiooouuu
How did it look in person

I'll prob be picking that hoodie up; really like the clasps

Was in a store this weekend and liked the new stuff. The 484 cords fit me well, the salt-and-pepper workshirt was nicely finished (selvedge fabric, lots of triple stitching, etc.) but it is after all $128. The new lambswool sweaters have a good hand and a deep, mottled color. Probably pill like hell but they look good on the shelf. Flap pocket oxford looked decent, too, although they only had it in black stripe.

I can't say I liked the hoodie above, though--seemed feminine.

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
men's lambswool sweaters - are these itchy as hell or tolerable at J Crew?

it's listed as catalog /.com only so can't see them in stores to feel the wool

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal_1
men's lambswool sweaters - are these itchy as hell or tolerable at J Crew? it's listed as catalog /.com only so can't see them in stores to feel the wool
The vnecks are catalog/online only but the crewnecks are in store. Same fabric, it seems. It's softer than I expected, and light. I wouldn't say they're anything super special, but they don't seem a bad value at $60 or whatever.

Proceed

Reaction score
^i guess it depends on the location but the store near me carries a lot of the catalog/online only stuff. &there's still a bunch of stuff they haven't put up on the website yet. i noticed a black/grey fair isle cardigan. couple of shoes also, danner mountain light IIs in a tan leather w/black lug soles. and a dark brown suede work boot w/red laces (might of been red wings).
Originally Posted by Brinbro
Did you (or anyone?) get a chance to look at the basic wool-linen cardigan? I'm just looking for a nice, basic, dark cardigan in a wool blend that's reasonably priced.

http://images.jcrew.com/erez4/erez?s...if&tmp=prdDtIm

had a look @it in person, its nice for the price, i may pick it up this week.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads