• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Anderson & Sheppard Expatriates Thread

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Sometimes, when you pull out the knotted scarf, you're surprised that a second is tied to the first. I'm not sure if that is what happened, but I offer it as a possibility. - B
Only a graduate of Magician School would know that. The range of your erudition is exceptional.

Butler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
I'm not about to read all 1000+ posts ... so excuse me if my post is old news.

Rumor has it that A&S will be lining a jacket in Hermes scarves for one client. It ain't your grandfather's A&S.

Perhaps the rumur is about A&S expat Steven Hitchcock's Hermes lined coat (with the added twist that he bagged out the breast pocket so it could be pulled out and used as a pocket handkerchief)

I hasten to add that I'm not the client in question :)

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Fioravanti in NYC used Pucci scarves for a long time. Sometimes two scarves per jacket.

Made a vest from a Hermes scarf. Will ask client if he still has it and if a can get a pic of it.

tutee

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I should be getting that Minnis chalk DB any day now...

- B

Vox! did u ever got your brown DB chalk? Did u posted Pics?

I sent a pm but apparently you dont clear ur pm box. So much for that

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tutee
Vox! did u ever got your brown DB chalk? Did u posted Pics?

I sent a pm but apparently you dont clear ur pm box. So much for that

My apologies, E. It left Carlisle with a lot of other stuff, but is not yet in Cambridge. I hope that the package didn't go awry...

- B

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
After you are measured, and have a forward fitting and you nail down your pattern can you simply order more suits by sending an email and feeling swatches of fabric and such, or is a forward pretty much always recommended?

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
After you are measured, and have a forward fitting and you nail down your pattern can you simply order more suits by sending an email and feeling swatches of fabric and such, or is a forward pretty much always recommended?

I would always get a forward. Some people here have talked about getting stuff finished without a fitting, but that's like playing with fire.

--Andre

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I also recommend getting a forward fitting. There is always something that needs adjustment.

Besides half the fun of having a SR tailor is the near continuous travel. Well ... it was when I was younger.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score

[click pic for supersize if you wish...might take a few minutes for images to show through]

Both are Steed (Edwin DeBoise) bespoke numbers in Minnis flannels.

The dogtooth is an SB three piece: jacket is 3 roll 2.5 with front cuts and flap out pockets, including ticket; vest is SB with notch lapel; trousers are single pleat with English back.

The chalk is an DB two piece: jacket is 6x2 with front cuts and flap out pockets, no ticket; trousers are flat front with straight back and side adjusters.

- B

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vox,I can't see the pics. Is that the new stuff?
bounce2.gif

Strange

Reaction score

[click pic for supersize if you wish...might take a few minutes for images to show through]

Both are Steed (Edwin DeBoise) bespoke numbers in Minnis flannels.

The dogtooth is an SB three piece: jacket is 3 roll 2.5 with front cuts and flap out pockets, including ticket; vest is SB with notch lapel; trousers are single pleat with English back.

The chalk is an DB two piece: jacket is 6x2 with front cuts and flap out pockets, no ticket; trousers are flat front with straight back and side adjusters.

- B

These are awesome.
worship.gif

banis

Reaction score
Is that houndstooth Minnis 0656?
I have odd trousers in that cloth and I really like it. It is very nice for cold weather.
bigstar[1].gif

Chalkstripe is also great looking!

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Would only change five things on the db and four things on the check three piece.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads