• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

Gagno905

Reaction score
Bought some Slim Fit black chinos from the Gap - easily the skinniest I've found yet. I own the Jcrew Urban Slims in 28x32 and these 28x30 (wish they had 32) put them to shame. I love the fit, but wish the material was better quality.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
picked up a pair of dockers khaki waders recently and am pretty much
inlove.gif
quality chinos that fit great and only 50 bucks.

GQ1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chris lewis
I just ordered a pair of the slim fits from Lands End Canvas, and also a pair of the khaki waders from Dockers. Will try to post up some fit pics when I get them.

I'll be looking forward to this comparison. Thanks.

joei

Reaction score
I got a pair of slim fit chinos from uniqlo. They fit well, a lil bit to narroy in the thigh area but still good. Only $19.95

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by burningbright
Meh, what can I say, it's frustrating when you've got 24 inch thighs. It could also stand to reason that slim means something different when you're a 36 waist and have big thighs and calves. I've tried a lot of slim fitting chinos and pants and they are most often way too tight in the thighs and the ass to the point that they look spandex ridiculous. I'm sure they would look great on guys with slighter frames but until you've seen me in a pair of size 36 Uniqlo T-000's (think breakfast sausages threatening to burst their cases), you'll understand my decision to go with the BR's.

Besides, other chinos I tried were too baggy. I needed an in between fit and the measurements on the BR's looked like they would work. It should also be said that I wouldn't hesitate to tailor these as needed either.

And yeah I realize I could have just as easily grabbed a pair of Dickies but I wanted a pair of chinos that would last a long time and everything I've heard about Buzz Rickson indicates that they are really high quality. Plus, there's a part of me that really resonates with the military repro aspect of their work. A nostalgic quality that takes me back to when I was a kid and seeing photos of my grandfather in his officer's uniform on the bridge of the ship he commanded. I like anything like that; anything that can connect me to the past. True, they're just repros, but it's the intent behind it that counts for me.

Anyway, I'll try and post some fit pics when I get them.

have you tried j crew? I have 24" thighs and a 32" waist. I sized up 1 in the waist so I'd get a little extra thigh room and had the waist taken in. I have both classics and urban slims.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TryHard
hdr_m_fit_slim_0812.jpg

its on the dockers main page. cannot figure out what these are..

look like the khaki waders to me. they could also be the new "tapered cut" but it doesn't look like it from the hem.

TryHard

Reaction score
Seems to be nothing on the website that is even close to it. I really like the way it fits on the model.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where can I get a pair of slim fit chinos in slate? I want something that looks like the background of this forum. J Crew?

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Odd that the tapered Dockers have a 15" let opening and the waders also have a 15" leg opening...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads