• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Scooba
I was excited until I saw the Slim Dockers had a 9 inch leg opening
frown.gif

the "slimmer" than slim dockers have a hem smaller than 7.5"

Scooba

Reaction score
That might be a little too slim for corporate America. Also, not the color I am looking for. I am looking for a lighter khaki color. Those are too dark.

ChicagoMediaMan

Reaction score
I just ordered some Propr slim khaki's off gilt today. Hoping they work out well for me.

pokpok

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snuff_daddy
just got these slim tapered dockers in the mail...pardon the wrinkles/creases they were packed ****** in the bag when UPS dropped em off

used a 30% off friends and family coupon and they came out to 35.00 each (coupon expired already)

99853487.jpg

heres the other color:
43565232.jpg

theyre thick and the inseam is short (30")
im 5'8" and i wear a 31(waist) in jcrew and got a 32(waist) in these and these fit slimmer than jcrew urban slim fit pants

dockers site:
http://us.dockers.com/product/index....entPage=family

i think these are the same as the dockers on UO's website
http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban...ULTS&color=031
but with much more color options

measurements coming soon......

just ordered both..one pair in 33 and one in 32, can't wait.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is the second the hazy jade? i can't tell what color that is.

blynch

Reaction score
wish they a had better selection for slim tapered in longer lengths, they only have 2 colors and they are not desirable.

Picked up 3 pairs of the slim straights, $30each after tax with the 20% sale going on today. Not bad for cheap hospital pants, hopefully they fit.

BRMC_doves

Reaction score
Hey, where can I find some nice navy chinos sz 32 x 32?

I like those dockers POKPOK...nice fit, but they don't have it in navy.

Only ones I found on their site were called "Signature Khaki Slim Fit" and they seem to be pleated in the front, even though it is not stated.

Perhaps someone knows of some 50% off deals?

if I could buy the W + H west point twills in navy at 50% off i would die a happy man haha

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Scooba
That might be a little too slim for corporate America. Also, not the color I am looking for. I am looking for a lighter khaki color. Those are too dark.

bullshit. Unless your pants are literally glued on tight (like levi 510s) its not going to be an issue. No one is going to care. Lots of guys (well, ok guys on here...) wear their dress pants tapered down to 7-7.5 or so. I'm tired of hearing this line repeated over and over by people. Only a very few jobs (banks maybe?) would be that strict, and usually the person worried about it is just worried about co-workers giving them **** for wearing "skinny pants" or some bs.

Originally Posted by BRMC_doves
Hey, where can I find some nice navy chinos sz 32 x 32?

I like those dockers POKPOK...nice fit, but they don't have it in navy.

Only ones I found on their site were called "Signature Khaki Slim Fit" and they seem to be pleated in the front, even though it is not stated.

Perhaps someone knows of some 50% off deals?

if I could buy the W + H west point twills in navy at 50% off i would die a happy man haha

W+H chinos at 50% would be an insane find, even used they'll normally go for 120ish on B+S. However, its not hard to find them discounted. I have 3 pairs (all bought new) and each was at least 20% off. Just keep track of sales, especially before sales season as some places (Acrimony, for example) will do item of the weeks sales where they take 25% off of a new item (how I got all my W+H chinos).

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are offices that care or rather comment on leg opening sizes on pants? really ?

Transcendental

Reaction score
tried on a few of the slim fit dockers at macys and kohls before...fit is pretty good below the knees but the thighs are too tight on me.

the regular fit (not relaxed) is also pretty slim for an average department store/mallish brand.

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hboogz
This one of those click-thru's ? is there a code ?

visit their site

expires soon....August 23, 2010 at 11:59 PM PT.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sweet. just bought the wader for ~40 bucks...I needed a thicker darker khaki for the NY F/W. Thanks Snuff

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads