• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Levi's Workwear by Filson - Now @ www.levis.com

the_state

Reaction score
Just to reiterate, size on on those truckers if you can find one. I'm 5'8 190 and cant even button my Large.

NYC (all 4 levis stores) are sold out of the trucker in XL. Great.

Whiskey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slide13
Wow...got the shirt in today and it is HUGE. I ordered a medium and was a little afraid it might be too small as I'm 6' 200lbs. It's not small at all and it fits really big. That being said, the material feels like completely raw denim...thick and stiff. Tag says dry clean only....I wonder what a hot wash/hot dry would do to it. PTP measures about 24" right now. Can't decide if I'll try the hot wash or if I need to return it and maybe try a small if possible.

whaaa??
eh.gif

Django

Reaction score
If the shirts raw you may want to hot wash/dry it, would shrink significantly.

sockpuppets

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
I blame robin.

sockpuppets, if you had a problem with the over-oiled finish, why buy another Filson oil-finish tin cloth jacket?

I've seen the one I linked to, it was nowhere near as saturated. I like the oil finish, it just needs to be manageable. The primary reason I'm getting rid of my trucker jacket is fit.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chiamdream
Pretty nice jacket. Sizing up one seems about right. I wear a medium in pretty much everything J. Crew; this is a large.
4886181761_a2bb5cac05_z.jpg

Well, you bought a jacket that's a size too big for you. What the **** is wrong with this forum all of a sudden?

sockpuppets

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
Well, you bought a jacket that's a size too big for you.

What the **** is wrong with this forum all of a sudden?

Stop trolling.

roundheadlights

Reaction score
Originally Posted by the_state
Does anyone have an XL they're looking to get rid of?

Originally Posted by interlockingny
+1

Keep checking Filson.com. The jacket has been in and out of stock there, and late last night they had both L and XL shown available.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also was surprised that this is set up as a real shooting shirt...has a nylon backing over the one shoulder pad area that opens with velcro so you can put an actual pad in there I believe. Wasn't really expecting that on this shirt.

the_state

Reaction score
Is Levi's supposed to get a restock or is this a one-shot thing?

chiamdream

Reaction score
As a data point, my jacket isn't oily at all - certainly nothing like what others are describing.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sockpuppets
Stop trolling.

It's hard to tell conclusively because of the pose and also because he didn't button it, but looking at the left shoulder, the shoulders seem 1.5-2" too big for him.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads