1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Levi's Workwear by Filson - Now @ www.levis.com

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by spudnik99, Aug 10, 2010.

1. raven37457

raven37457 Senior member

Sounds like a large is going to fit me just fine. How are the cuff openings? The sleeves might be a little too long for my arms, so hopefully the opening is small enough that it will sit on my wrists instead of draping over my hands.

The cuff openings are 5" to be exact. As you can see from the pics, the sleeves are a bit long on mine but sit fine.

2. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

In a week the B+S forum is going to be full of posts like "LEVIS FILSON COLLAB SIZE L FITS M"
    I know I'll be one of them.

3. slide13

slide13 Senior member

That or "Levi x Filson Shooting Shirt...Medium but fits like Large or XL". Speaking of....if anybody wants a medium that measures about 24" PTP I'll sell for $50.

I tried washing it hot and it shrank a little but still too big for me I'm afraid. Too bad, great shirt at a great price. Tag price is $128 too which is what it is on the website now.

4. sockpuppets

sockpuppets Senior member

That or "Levi x Filson Shooting Shirt...Medium but fits like Large or XL". Speaking of....if anybody wants a medium that measures about 24" PTP I'll sell for $50. I tried washing it hot and it shrank a little but still too big for me I'm afraid. Too bad, great shirt at a great price. Tag price is $128 too which is what it is on the website now.
    That's 24" p2p post shrink? A medium that's really an xl? Crazy.

5. slide13

slide13 Senior member

6. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Pretty satisfied with the jacket.

[​IMG]

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Did you lose weight?

After seeing the flash pics above I'm definitely glad it was sold out. That waxed sheen would piss me off after a while.

8. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

I can't get into this jacket. It reminds me of something you'd wear while working in your barn.

9. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

I can't get into this jacket. It reminds me of something you'd wear while working in your barn.

Well... It is workwear... .... ....

10. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

Well... It is workwear... .... ....
    No one wearing it in this thread is wearing it as "workwear" so whatever. I can't get into this jacket in the casual/urban/suburban/faux workwear that its being worn as.

11. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I can't get into this jacket either

it's too small.

12. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

No one wearing it in this thread is wearing it as "workwear" so whatever. I can't get into this jacket in the casual/urban/suburban/faux workwear that its being worn as.

Well there is a difference between actual workwear and something inspired by it. This obviously falls into the category of workwear since they decided to use the oil finish tin cloth.

Maybe this is more align to what you want http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban...edProductSize=

13. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

Well there is a difference between actual workwear and something inspired by it. This obviously falls into the category of workwear since they decided to use the oil finish tin cloth.

Maybe this is more align to what you want http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban...edProductSize=

Please don't be condescending. I think I know what the hell workwear is and I think this has been discussed on this forum ad nauseam.

Filson may be a workwear brand, but there is no fucking way this Levi's collab is marketing to anyone other than those influenced by the the hype of the mainstream workwear/americana trend.

You are kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

14. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

Please don't be condescending. I think I know what the hell workwear is and I think this has been discussed on this forum ad nauseam.

Filson may be a workwear brand, but there is no fucking way this Levi's collab is marketing to anyone other than those influenced by the the hype of the mainstream workwear/americana trend.

You are kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

You stated

Which really... This is something someone WOULD work in (yes even a barn) because of the functionality of it. However, that doesn't mean it can't be worn in a fashionable way either. Furthermore, I wasn't being condescending. You complained about the jacket being too "workwear" and I linked you to an alternative. How is that condescending?

15. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

That kind of proves my point. This is a jacket you would wear while working in a barn. The people who this jacket is being marketed to and are probably going to purchase it are going to be wearing it casually and not be working in a barn.

I'm a fan of the fashion inspired workwear, but if I saw someone wearing a stiff as hell Filson/Levi's oilcloth jacket for a night out--that obviously hadn't been "worked" in--it would look out of place and too try hard.

Which was my point--the condescending attitude I was calling you on was when you tried to explain to me what workwear was. I think I know what workwear is.

16. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

Look at what you're trying to buy in your sig (WWM jacket) and then at your fit pics, and maybe reconsider calling people out for wearing faux workwear...

17. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

Look at what you're trying to buy in your sig (WWM jacket) and then at your fit pics, and maybe reconsider calling people out for wearing faux workwear...
    Sigh.... I haven't called anyone out for wearing faux workwear. I even just said in my last post I'm a fan of fashion inspired workwear or "faux workwear." My whole fucking point was I know that the people who are buying this jacket are buying it for the same fucking reason I buy EG or WWM. My only comment on the jacket from the very beginning is--for as much as I like the heritage/workwear/Americana trend right now--this jacket is a bit too much for me to want to wear casually. It reminds me of when I worked in my barn as a kid.

18. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Pretty satisfied with the jacket. [​IMG]
    Hey look your ordered your size and it fits you properly.

19. srgprod

srgprod Senior member

Levis store in Santa Monica (3rd Street) has the Filson Oil Cloth Jacket in Large and Medium. They only got 6 pieces.

20. Tigris

Tigris Well-Known Member

Did you lose weight? After seeing the flash pics above I'm definitely glad it was sold out. That waxed sheen would piss me off after a while.
    I picked up a Levi's trucker jacket (not made by filson) and it's pretty similar to this but without the oil sheen. Here: http://coolspotters.com/actors/zac-e...#medium-807841 I dig it.