• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But it's not faux distressing---it's a screenprint of jeans on lightweight cotton pants. It's supremely inauthentic in a subtle way, but worked into a fit that's so traditionally americana. It's sort of the antithesis of the japanese obsession with "authentic" repros. Indeed, the subtle extra touches on each of the pieces put a spin on the tired and true white tee/beat up jeans/canvas shoes. Conceptually, I think that's really dope. </xenox>

cez

Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up. Technique and idea is cool. However, I am still not a fan.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
I literally roll the sleeves on my suit jackets since otherwise I'm afraid of ripping them or something. Plus they all have cool contrasting lining and functional cuffs which makes it an obvious choice. So many people's minds were blown when I was doing that with my oc x uniqlo jacket at orientation for GEPIK teachers. Anyways nice job in showing how still photos vs real life can be miles apart sq4.

More boring white t jeans ****, thank you summer (sup nii and everyone else). Back to the best jeans, only bad part is that I get permanent crotch bulge in these, same like nn. And yes I love that spot in my building for taking pics. Gets the real proportions of me and has badass lighting. Other pic with grey shirt is yesterday, rained pretty damn hard that day.

1rc5ra.jpg

34pnhqq.jpg
25zi1s0.jpg

Are those jeans the skull's from your blog? Looking great as usual

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jumping on the "boring summer fit" train + nil-esque bling.
76506764.jpg
Jockey H&M APC Clarks

karakas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cbusguy
img3064h.jpg

img3067.jpg

eg jacket
lands end chambray
j crew jeans
mmm shoes

trying some things on. pants are almost too skinny for me.

the eg jacket looks great on you

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys. I'll probably play with it a bit. The length is probably that much bigger of an issue because they stack at the top of a pair of bulky high tops.

Sorry kelvinsense
blush.gif
Did you decide to keep yours then?

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
cbusguy: those jeans look pretty nice. i like the extremely small leg opening. do you have a reference model or name? i don't know **** about jcrew

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
Thanks for the comments guys. I'll probably play with it a bit. The length is probably that much bigger of an issue because they stack at the top of a pair of bulky high tops.

Sorry kelvinsense
blush.gif
Did you decide to keep yours then?

I didn't keep them because of height and my jean hems can't go over the top of the shoe like yours, so I have to tuck them. They look great on you though!

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
But it's not faux distressing---it's a screenprint of jeans on lightweight cotton pants. It's supremely inauthentic in a subtle way, but worked into a fit that's so traditionally americana. It's sort of the antithesis of the japanese obsession with "authentic" repros. Indeed, the subtle extra touches on each of the pieces put a spin on the tired and true white tee/beat up jeans/canvas shoes. Conceptually, I think that's really dope. </xenox>
Pics def don't do this concept justice; I'm not crazy about the jeans but the concept is awesome.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 1up
Are those jeans the skull's from your blog? Looking great as usual

Bottom right pic is, the other ones are my original 5010s that I haven't been able to fit into for a long time. Sized down 5010 is a pretty good cut on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads