• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just got yelled at by my boss :(

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"Are you off the rag yet so we can talk about this?"

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Offer to ******** with her.

of course after she's done tackling that BIG assignment you utterly failed to do.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The first thing you should be doing in a situation like this is spending time on an internet forum during the work day. So you're on the right track, at least...

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm actually with Douglas on this one, she didn't seem to explicitly say that assignment X was due by a particular date. She may be a bit embarrassed by her oversight and decided that 1. yelling at you is better than yelling at herself and 2. that it would be unfair for you to pay for her screw up and that she should just do it to save a little face.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
I'm actually with Douglas on this one, she didn't seem to explicitly say that assignment X was due by a particular date. She may be a bit embarrassed by her oversight and decided that 1. yelling at you is better than yelling at herself and 2. that it would be unfair for you to pay for her screw up and that she should just do it to save a little face.
this may be a female situation where your boss' mind she wanted and told you to do the big project first, but in reality only indirectly said so. kinda like how my wife will say we need to go to the bank and just assumes that i'm the one to bring the checkbook and envelope of cash before we head out. mind you she never explicitly said out loud to me to bring the check book and envelope of cash on the dresser. now when the **** hits the fan and the boss has a melt down, you may feel that your actions are not totally wrong, which you do may have a case, in reality something wrong did happen no matter who's miscommunication caused it. apologize once, but don't over explain your side, she'll only take it as you arguing with her and make it worse. don't over apologize either, because it only rehashes her female anger. and as any married guy (or someone working under a female boss) will tell you in her mind its your fault, no matter what. thats the reality - so chalk this one to experience and next time dealing with her.

zeroconspiracy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
You are fucked. Best thing (really the only thing) to do now is quit. They're planning to fire you mark my words.

It depends on your line of work. Most jobs that are worth having, screwing up one time is too many - Politics, Finance, Fortune 500 Company.

Unless your Big Task was to take the garbage out before the smell disturbs the customers, then you should be fine.

zeroconspiracy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD
this may be a female situation where your boss' mind she wanted and told you to do the big project first, but in reality only indirectly said so.

kinda like how my wife will say we need to go to the bank and just assumes that i'm the one to bring the checkbook and envelope of cash before we head out. mind you she never explicitly said out loud to me to bring the check book and envelope of cash on the dresser.

now when the **** hits the fan and the boss has a melt down, you may feel that your actions are not totally wrong, which you do may have a case, in reality something wrong did happen no matter who's miscommunication caused it.

apologize once, but don't over explain your side, she'll only take it as you arguing with her and make it worse. don't over apologize either, because it only rehashes her female anger.

and as any married guy (or someone working under a female boss) will tell you in her mind its your fault, no matter what. thats the reality - so chalk this one to experience and next time dealing with her.

Indeed, in most high power/high stakes work environments they are not looking for children that need their hand held. you need to know what she wants or she will find someone who does. Yes, it was her fault for not explicitly telling you how to prioritize YOUR work load, but if thats how you operate, your not going to get very far. at some point you need to speak up and ask for the information if you need it or find it yourself. take some initiative and learn to prioritize your work load.

in short: its both your fault, but at the end of the day, she is the boss.

suited&booted

Reaction score
As a fellow Singaporean (I assume you are one) and as a bro who has been in a similar predicament years ago in my first job after graduation I can only offer this advice.

Stop working for a woman. Doubly so if she is a Singaporean, ugly, unmarried and past 40. Sexist? Yes, but all my male friends agree and have come to this consclusion after going thru their menopausal BS at various stages in our carreers. We are all now in our late 30s to 40s and holding regional/international jobs in MNCs. We also hate dealing with clients who are of that ilk.

They tend to take their anxieties about their sad unfulfilled lives and dump it on you because you are a male. Nothing is ever up to their lofty unreachable standard of approval. Your maleness is an ever present reminder why they f*** up in the most important aspect of a human's life. Establishing a social/sexual relationship with an opposite gender.

Besides, the only crap you are supposed to get from women is from your nagging wife or daughter who wants you play the MickeyMouse Clubhouse video NOW!

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
In light of all the excellent advice in this thread already, I guess I will add my two cents:

Chop off your pinky and offer it to your boss. This is what my people do when we fail. (I still have both my pinkies)

yirayira

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
The first thing you should be doing in a situation like this is spending time on an internet forum during the work day. So you're on the right track, at least...

The OP posted this at nighttime...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads