1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Just got yelled at by my boss :(

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by aleksandr, Jul 6, 2010.

1. aleksandr

aleksandr Senior member

I fail at planning my work day, I had Big task, Medium task and Small task. I did Small, Medium, and was just about to start on Big when I found out that Big was due NOW. So my boss said screw you, I'm doing it myself. In not so many words but that was the effect.

In fairness, it was totally my screwup and I feel terrible. Right now she won't even accept my apology. How do I (try to) fix things?

2. willpower

willpower Senior member

Admit the mistake, explain the steps you'll take not to repeat such a mistake in the future.

3. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Right now she won't even accept my apology. How do I (try to) fix things?

You are fucked. Best thing (really the only thing) to do now is quit. They're planning to fire you mark my words.

4. holymadness

holymadness Senior member

^^ They are both right.

5. BrianVarick

BrianVarick Senior member

Explain what you were thinking to her.

6. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

Have you tried J/O in front of her?

7. Flieger

Flieger Senior member

Have you tried J/O in front of her?

How did your plan work out slopho?
    Could you link me to the threak where you finally relate to us how your penile performance was and what consequences it had on your life.

8. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

How did your plan work out slopho?
    Could you link me to the threak where you finally relate to us how your penile performance was and what consequences it had on your life.

I was totally blocked by someone else, going in again on the 14th.

9. fwiffo

fwiffo Senior member

In fairness, it was totally my screwup and I feel terrible. Right now she won't even accept my apology. How do I (try to) fix things?

If you already tried to apologize and explain the situation as you saw it. I'd suggest cooling off for a day before talking about it.

Poke your head into her office the next day, and briefly just "I'm sorry I did x and I understand now it made your life difficult. Thank you for giving me the suggestion to do y, and I'll get right on it and report back to you on z interval. I assure you, this won't happen again."

I'm not shilling for this site (bit of paralipsis there) but I find it useful at work: http://www.manager-tools.com/2006/10...d-to-apologize

Best way to think of it is this isn't brain surgery, you're going to fail a few times before you get better and if it was a terminating offense, you would have been gone before you had the time to post this.

10. Flieger

Flieger Senior member

I was totally blocked by someone else, going in again on the 14th.

A cockblock for jerking of in front of someone is something to be thankfull for.

11. aleksandr

aleksandr Senior member

If you already tried to apologize and explain the situation as you saw it. I'd suggest cooling off for a day before talking about it.

Poke your head into her office the next day, and briefly just "I'm sorry I did x and I understand now it made your life difficult. Thank you for giving me the suggestion to do y, and I'll get right on it and report back to you on z interval. I assure you, this won't happen again."

I'm not shilling for this site (bit of paralipsis there) but I find it useful at work: http://www.manager-tools.com/2006/10...d-to-apologize

Best way to think of it is this isn't brain surgery, you're going to fail a few times before you get better and if it was a terminating offense, you would have been gone before you had the time to post this.

Thanks for this. I will go in tomorrow and try that out.

12. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

Admit the mistake, explain the steps you'll take not to repeat such a mistake in the future.

+1. waiting a day is a good suggestion, too.

13. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

I'm sorry - it's not clear to me how you screwed up unless there was more to the story that you didn't communicate in the OP. Should it have been clear to you from the start that the big project was due today? What were the other due dates for the other things? You seemed to imply that you didn't know until just today that the big project was due now.

14. audiophilia

audiophilia Senior member

she

Uh oh...

15. fairholme_wannabe

fairholme_wannabe Senior member

16. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

"Are you off the rag yet so we can talk about this?"

17. XeF4

XeF4 Senior member

Did anybody tell you it was due asap?

18. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

Offer to have sex with her.

of course after she's done tackling that BIG assignment you utterly failed to do.

19. Don Carlos

Don Carlos Senior member

The first thing you should be doing in a situation like this is spending time on an internet forum during the work day. So you're on the right track, at least...

20. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

I'm actually with Douglas on this one, she didn't seem to explicitly say that assignment X was due by a particular date. She may be a bit embarrassed by her oversight and decided that 1. yelling at you is better than yelling at herself and 2. that it would be unfair for you to pay for her screw up and that she should just do it to save a little face.