• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A&S

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got it. All looks like a grainy greyish greenish thick suit on my monitor. I think that explains some of the incongruity I was
confused.gif
about. That said, are you happy with the jacket? (I understand that you now order w/o fittings) or do you feel that some things need to be fixed? The pants fit is pretty unfortunate on this pic.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Got it. All looks like a grainy greyish greenish thick suit on my monitor. I think that explains some of the incongruity I was
confused.gif
about. That said, are you happy with the jacket? (I understand that you now order w/o fittings) or do you feel that some things need to be fixed?

Yes I'm happy with it. FWIW I haven't skipped fittings just yet.

It's got a lot of drape and wears differently than my stuff from LH. I won't be able to wear it for another few months so I'll give you a more fulsome answer after I wear it a bit.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The pants fit is pretty unfortunate on this pic.

Yes, they look dumpy in that photo. As you'll see from some of the other pics I took wearing these same trousers they don't usually sit that way. I blame it on the rapid fire dressing and undressing I was doing to take all these pics before my girlfriend blew my head off.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep - a lot of drape and looks like a very full chest and top sleeves. Overall looks quite top heavy. The left-right balance (oh noes) looks a little off as well. The buttoning point is quite messy (because of the very long roll?). Do you like the sleeve length?

That said, I don't know sht about bespoke tailoring so my opinion on the matter should be given little value.

Flieger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you wear this coat in that particular combination with the pants, shirt and tie a lot?
In other pics of you Whnay I have observed that you have good understated taste in combining your sportcoats with other clothing.
This pic does not remind me of your style at all.

Edit: don't mind my question, I understand you just took a bunch of quick pics of your various new coats and suits etc. So no time to switch shirts and ties etc.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yep - a lot of drape and looks like a very full chest and top sleeves. Overall looks quite top heavy. The left-right balance (oh noes) looks a little off as well. The buttoning point is quite messy (because of the very long roll?). Do you like the sleeve length?

That said, I don't know sht about bespoke tailoring so my opinion on the matter should be given little value.

All valid points - it's very top heavy - especially when you compare it to the brown glen plaid from LH for example. The front around the button is cleaner than the photo suggests and the sleeve length doesn't bother me that much - maybe a cm or two long. I'll wear it in the fall to NYC to see what you think of it in person.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking fwd to seeing some of that stuff in person.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Bill, I think your stuff looks better in person than in pictures. The same certainly goes for me. In person, I don't get the same impression of top-heavyness that Greg is pointing out. I blame it on camera angle, lens distortion, and the inherent awkwardness of posing for these sorts of photos. Take the sleeves, for example. Nobody has pointed out anything about their silhouette, which appears a little odd here. They appear to balloon out at the elbows, then very dramatically taper, but I think that's because of how you're holding your arms. In real life, I thought your sleeves hung perfectly.

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by maomao1980
The vaginazation of the pattern in the upperback is driving me crazy.

Vaginization > drape.

I now wish to fly to Naples solely to ask Mariano if he can replicate A&S's vaginal jacketing.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Bill, I think your stuff looks better in person than in pictures. The same certainly goes for me. In person, I don't get the same impression of top-heavyness that Greg is pointing out. I blame it on camera angle, lens distortion, and the inherent awkwardness of posing for these sorts of photos. Take the sleeves, for example. Nobody has pointed out anything about their silhouette, which appears a little odd here. They appear to balloon out at the elbows, then very dramatically taper, but I think that's because of how you're holding your arms. In real life, I thought your sleeves hung perfectly.

Well I tend to think so but its always hard to tell. Sometimes taking photos is a lot more trouble than its worth - especially when you have a **** camera.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
Well I tend to think so but its always hard to tell. Sometimes taking photos is a lot more trouble than its worth - especially when you have a **** camera.
God knows, I hear you on that. Tragically, those of us who most benefit from bespoke tend to be the ones most difficult to photograph well. Speaking as someone missing about a foot of height, it's become very clear to me that lens distortion takes a heavy toll. Something is going to look way too big or out of proportion. You just have to pick your poison: chest, stomach, or hips. It's never pretty. The only real solution, other then getting a better camera, is taking the photo at a longer distance under more flattering light.

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ZON_JR
Can loyal fans of the "vapid moron" lasbar and
foo.gif
like myself ask for anything better than this thread? It is the greatest thread ever. It never disappoints. I'm moved to quote scripture here:

According to the theory of Realism, hegemons will eventually battle.

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The manton/Vox beef entertains me to no end. As a relative newcomer, though, someone please fill me in - WWF-speaking, who is the "good guy" and who is the "bad guy"? Is there some sort of SF cage-match where everyone wears bespoke speedos (with the requisite drape) and white, knee-length, bespoke, shell cordovan G&G wrestling boots?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Vox is a bit like the Nazi dentist in Marathon Man. He knows where all my fresh and extra-sensetive nerve endings are and he enjoys putting his drill bits into them. The other movie character I would compare him to is Freddy Miles.

That said, I don't claim to be the good guy. But I almost completely leave him alone whereas he likes to take cheap, personal shots at me with considerable frequency. He gets hit back for maybe one out of twenty and he always whinges about it. Just like one of his departed heroes, I note.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads