• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some understated Appreciation now, from Mannina, one of the top shoe makers in Florence, although less known than Bemer and Ugolini. It is true what iammatt once said in a thread about Matuozzo shirts, "only nicer than the products, are the people who make them", it was really a great pleasure to visit the workshop and to have some coffee and icecream with them! I highly recommend to visit the store, the pricing for handmade shoes is absolutely fantastic, due to the fact that Mannina also offers handsewn blake rapid as a possible construction, the bespoke pricing also starts at an incredible price point. I'll get bespoke from him next time (I had Ugolini now), but purchased 4 pairs of RTW shoes. More photos on the blog, pictures of the small workshop and some ladies shoes will come later.
2ikb0ow.jpg
25pn72c.jpg
2q2o1l3.jpg
2rrozmh.jpg
skuja0.jpg
2lkuryd.jpg
Bespoke:
14v0k92.jpg

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Great pics and blog post on Mannina. Next to Roberto's shop my favorite shoe store in Florence. I love the shoes I bought from them last year.

fox81

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire
I highly recommend to visit the store, the pricing for handmade shoes is absolutely fantastic, due to the fact that Mannina also offers handsewn blake rapid as a possible construction, the bespoke pricing also starts at an incredible price point.

tell us the prices please!

emptym

Reaction score
Some understated Appreciation now, from Mannina, one of the top shoe makers in Florence, although less known than Bemer and Ugolini. It is true what iammatt once said in a thread about Matuozzo shirts, "only nicer than the products, are the people who make them", it was really a great pleasure to visit the workshop and to have some coffee and icecream with them!...
Thanks so much for the pics and commentary. Love your blog too, particularly the puppy Pauline!

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
, the pricing for handmade shoes is absolutely fantastic, due to the fact that Mannina also offers handsewn blake rapid as a possible construction, the bespoke pricing also starts at an incredible price point.
It's nit-picking, perhaps, but "handsewn blake rapid" is an contradiction in terms...there's no such thing.. By definition Blake/Rapid is a machine dependent technique. The "Rapid" in Blake/Rapid refers to the machine used to sew on the outsole. The "Blake" refers to the chain-stitching machine technique used to secure the "through" or midsole. If the through were sewn on buy hand it would be "pump stitched" if I recall correctly this early in the morning. And from that point, the outsole could indeed be hand-sewn but then it would be not be Rapid but simply "hand-sewn."

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fox81
tell us the prices please!

IIRC - ~280 - 450 EUR for calf.

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DWFII
It's nit-picking, perhaps, but "handsewn blake rapid" is an oxymoron.

By definition Blake/Rapid is a machine dependent technique. The "Rapid" in Blake/Rapid refers to the machine used to sew on the outsole. The "Blake" refers to the chain-stitching machine technique used to secure the "through" or midsole.

If the through were sewn on buy hand it would be "pump stitched" if I recall correctly this early in the morning. And from that point, the outsole could indeed be hand-sewn but then it would be not be Rapid but simply "hand-sewn."

That's Italy. The bespoke shoes made by Ugolini or Bemer (and the more expensive ones made by Mannina that are not what I called "handsewn blake rapid") are called "Goodyear" constructed and there's no Eppler/Goodyear machine in sight anywhere. God knows why...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads