Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Oyaji, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Michael Ay329

Michael Ay329 Senior member

You'll be happy to hear my next two pair being made are both lazy men.

Just add faux lacing and they will look perfect [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Fit wise, GC is much much much more to my liking compared to G&G. I hold nothing against G&G but my one pair of bespoke shoes are not comfortable at all. Enough so that I do not wear them at all.

Did you send them back to G&G to make adjustments?

2. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

[​IMG]

3. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

[​IMG]

says the man with the ill fitting U-last. stop your bukkake and get real.

4. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

I know Russian leather always gets mixed feedback but here goes anyway...Cleverley bespoke Russian PTBs: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Wow. These have been re-quoted and re-quoted, but worth doing again in my opinion. The shape of the last seems very intriguing. Reminds of a more sleek EG 202. Tom, any way you can take a direct overhead shot to get a better feel for the overall shape and curves? Also, is that a double sole tapering to a single? It looks almost like a 1.5 sole tapering to a single! I've never had such a desire to get Russian Reindeer until seeing these. Job well done!

5. archetypal_yuppie

archetypal_yuppie Senior member

Somma my shoes. Some have a little character. And the C&J Weymouth is just shitty leather.

I sprinked items in the background ala SF. First photo upload attempt, lets see how it goes.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

number II is nice.

the last on the others is not my cup of tea, but might be approved by sf groupthink...

ps: don't wear a ps with number IV ...

7. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

Also, is that a double sole tapering to a single? It looks almost like a 1.5 sole tapering to a single!

I've never had such a desire to get Russian Reindeer until seeing these. Job well done!

good that you pointed out this aspect. the tapering is too much for me. horses for courses.

fwiw, i have learned there's no 1.5, 2.0 etc. for sole thickness due to the fact that the layers, depending on quality, have various thickness. so, the correct measuring is in cm or inch i.e. up to 8mm is single sole and so on. i appologize for not doing this in inch, but i have heard about converting programs on google.

again, well done and it really looks like a bespoke last, if just for the trained eye...

8. archetypal_yuppie

archetypal_yuppie Senior member

ps: don't wear a ps with number IV ...

I've never worn a PS...

9. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Senior member

Did you send them back to G&G to make adjustments?

Nope, I felt bad since they already remade them because they weren't satisfied with the first result. Tony really takes pride and is a perfectionist.

Wow. These have been re-quoted and re-quoted, but worth doing again in my opinion. The shape of the last seems very intriguing. Reminds of a more sleek EG 202. Tom, any way you can take a direct overhead shot to get a better feel for the overall shape and curves? Also, is that a double sole tapering to a single? It looks almost like a 1.5 sole tapering to a single!

I've never had such a desire to get Russian Reindeer until seeing these. Job well done!

Yes, it does remind me of a sleek, shapely 202. I was really concerned about getting a shoe which looked too big on me since my feet are wide, but Cleverley really hit one out of the park in my opinion, exactly how I pictured a perfect plain toe blucher.

Yes, the sole is 1.5 with a beveled waist.

10. AndrewRogers

AndrewRogers Senior member

Nope, I felt bad since they already remade them because they weren't satisfied with the first result. Tony really takes pride and is a perfectionist.

Yes, it does remind me of a sleek, shapely 202. I was really concerned about getting a shoe which looked too big on me since my feet are wide, but Cleverley really hit one out of the park in my opinion, exactly how I pictured a perfect plain toe blucher.

The last is a great, classic shape. I think it would take well to just about any design of shoe, esp. these derbies.

11. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

"I felt bad since they already replaced them because they weren't satisfied with the first result. We really takes pride and we are perfectionist..

i had the feeling to borrow this: LS you nailed it...

12. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

I was really concerned about getting a shoe which looked too big on me since my feet are wide, but Cleverley really hit one out of the park in my opinion, exactly how I pictured a perfect plain toe blucher.

again, they did a great job... ...and they fit, the only parameter...

forget about the sole measurements. they are bespoke i.e. paprika...

13. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

Very cool. A really great pair of shoes. The shape and leather and style together are just about perfect in my opinion (keep in mind that I don't believe in perfection though :^).

PS - nice new logo!

14. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

Very cool. A really great pair of shoes. The shape and leather and style together are just about perfect in my opinion

selbstverständlich

15. cdmoore1855

cdmoore1855 Senior member

They are ok if you are aged over 70 i suppose, I am half that so can not see myself wearing these.

I will post pics of my new Russia Leather Norwegian's next week, along with a couple of others that will arrive.