• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronRock

Reaction score
Friday...

Jeans, por quoi non?

OK - idiot here thought he'd followed instructions, I posted his photos onto an external website then pasted the URL in to the 'manage attachments' link on this forum. No joy, still I can't get a proper photo on here like everyone else.
ffffuuuu.gif

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
I guess since Spoo is vacationing, someone will have to take up the loud fit slack.
Spano suit, BR shirt, RLPL tie and vintage Cordwainer Wright wingtips. I love these shoes, they are really special in person.
Cord-3.JPG

Cord-2.JPG

Cord-1.JPG

Hell Yes! You win the Internet today. Just gorgeous.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Half day today as vacation begins! Decided on the invisible tie. I'll be lurking all week, but no poasts unless Villebrequins are SF approved.

67a5cd8d.jpg

419195c9.jpg

Spoo, your use of the green pants is to be envied. This is a wonderfully sharp combo.
I wonder how it would have played out with brown or burgundy shoes instead of black,
but I love this look. Wise move on the invisible tie.

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IronRock
Friday...

Jeans, por quoi non?

OK - idiot here thought he'd followed instructions, I posted his photos onto an external website then pasted the URL in to the 'manage attachments' link on this forum. No joy, still I can't get a proper photo on here like everyone else.
ffffuuuu.gif

Instead of clicking "Manage attachments" click the "little mountains with yellow sky" picture on the top next to the font formatting options. That will prompt you to add a Url, you can plug the url of your hosted image there.

Aside from that you can type:
IMG*] then remove the *'s and add the URL.

Tigris

Reaction score
Originally Posted by barims
Congratulations, elgreco; your cunning deployment of several half-naked, sweaty, sports-playing fellows has won you the approbation of an entire men's clothing forum

Mind if I chime in?

I could have seen it working if:
- The jacket was a little darker - light brown or at least fairly tan - and perhaps subtly textured. A tiny houndstooth weave would have been splendid
- You wore a grey shirt with a midnight blue or black necktie to take more of the edge off the trousers
- You wore reddish or medium brown laceups
- The silhouette was a little sleeker, perhaps in the vein of ManofKent's

I hope that you don't feel piled-on

Thanks, fellows, I do seem a touch imperious wearing them here in Ghana

You know that I like your effusive approach, but the festive floral seems a touch floaty to blend with the earthier pieces successfully

The jacket's a smash, however. Enjoy your long, hot summer, R

It's a 'Pusherman' quote; it's a compliment in my book. 'Freddy's Dead' is my favourite song on the album, however

My day would have been incomplete if he didn't

Thanks, C

It is Germany; I realise this is partly a World Cup of upsets, but I'd be surprised if that was the case

On the other hand, we only need to hold them to a draw, and I could certainly anticipate that

Excellent ensemble today; you have a real facility for summer where others (myself included) would struggle

This is, in principle, dashing, but - and I am giving him quite the press today - a ManofKent-esque texturing would not go amiss

Specifically, the tie: a burgundy knit or grenadine seems more appealing given the jaunty nature of your outfit

I think his choice of tie goes really well with the rest of the ensemble. It's classy yet eye-catching, best of both worlds.

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why18
The above 2 looks I like. Youthful looking.
Thanks.

Originally Posted by PandArts
Great suit 0bs!!!
worship.gif

Thank you.

Originally Posted by ManofKent
minimalist? you?
lol8[1].gif

I know, who'd have thought?

Originally Posted by ManofKent
I like yesterday's, but much prefer the flapped pockets on this one.
Thanks. I'm glad to hear that as I debated patch vs flap pockets on this suit for quite a while.

Originally Posted by onix
This is great. I would wear more linen if mine hold up as well as this does.
Thank you.

Originally Posted by niidawg3
Very nice Ob5. Very nice.
Thanks.

Originally Posted by IBJanky
IMG_0105.jpg

Pretty cool. I like the contrast with the trousers.

Lastly, I feel I should weigh in on the great Tibor photo debate and my contribution is this: You're all being quite unfair to the gentlemen behind Tibor in the photo. The one on the left is wearing a very well fitting tank top.

IronRock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by WBaker
Instead of clicking "Manage attachments" click the "little mountains with yellow sky" picture on the top next to the font formatting options. That will prompt you to add a Url, you can plug the url of your hosted image there.

Aside from that you can type: URL HERE[/IMG*] then remove the *'s and add the URL.[/I]

Gotcha! Thanks again.

IBJanky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by landshark

Hitting up the local Long Beach bars, messing around with some color, and some new stuff (DB navy blazer, burgundy pants, and C&J Lowndes kicks):

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

myke

AWESOME look. Details on that DB blazer? I can never find one trim enough to my liking.

Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
Pretty cool. I like the contrast with the trousers.

Thanks!

This was actually a vintage DB blazer I snagged off of eBay. It's my first DB piece of clothing. I liked it the moment I saw it because it had pretty trim peak lapels and only 4 buttons up front.

I had it tailored after I got it of course to get it trimmed down even more, as I do with all my clothes. It was sitting in my closet for a month or two before I finally got a chance to wear it.

First time I wore the burgundy pants as well. I was surprised to see how well the whole combo worked together
smile.gif

myke

IBJanky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Half day today as vacation begins! Decided on the invisible tie. I'll be lurking all week, but no poasts unless Villebrequins are SF approved.

67a5cd8d.jpg

419195c9.jpg

I am totally loving this combo, VERY nice
smile.gif

I wonder what it would look like with brown shoes/belt instead.

myke

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was planning to DTO ManofKent's dark jacket / white trouser fit today but the sunshine is a little too bright so going with this instead:

DSC01397.jpg
DSC01398.jpg

bigasahouse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint
Spoo, your use of the green pants is to be envied. This is a wonderfully sharp combo.
I wonder how it would have played out with brown or burgundy shoes instead of black,
but I love this look. Wise move on the invisible tie.

I think they are blue.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tibor
I think in this day and age, one of the wonderful things about what one chooses to wear, is that there are very few standards and rules, especially as a younger person.

I wore suits and fedoras to a public High school of over 3,000 students, and had no issues I couldn't handle, in fact it was quite well received. My only real standards to hold myself to, is to always remain positive, to be genuine, to have self respect, and to respect everyone I meet. This usually makes people feel comfortable no matter what one wears in any environment. Usually people will say something like this when they first meet me. "You look elegant, I like your style." "You must be an old soul" You look sharp, are you coming from an event?" and of course we all get, "Why are you wearing a suit?" In which I just smile and say "Its elegant and it makes me happy." It works every time. I know my way isn't the right way, its just my way.

Well said, young man. I have always thought you one of the most stylish contributors here. Stay true.

Hitting up the local Long Beach bars, messing around with some color, and some new stuff (DB navy blazer, burgundy pants, and C&J Lowndes kicks):

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

myke

Looking great, Myke.

Originally Posted by Man Of Lint
Hell Yes! You win the Internet today. Just gorgeous.

laugh.gif
Thanks, man. I really do appreciate that.

Mike

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.
simg_0997.jpg

Didn't realize the shoes/belt clashed until I got outside. Oh well.

Cool shoes, next time post a closer picture, I think they look interesting..

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

myke

I wanna hang out with you some Saturday, no ****.. Love the clothes..

Lot of people really bringing on the fits, Tibor, I like your style.. Probably 180 degrees from what I was wearing when I was in my teens and early 20s, but I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads