• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

saracen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by saracen
The boots are available at the shoe mart in color 8 and ravello. they're wingtips (not longwing).

I take that back. They're not the shoemart version. I still think they're wingtips but possibly a collab.

Thor

Reaction score
Question-

If I wear a D width on the Barrie last, is it likely that I would want an E width on the Leydon last?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thor
Question-

If I wear a D width on the Barrie last, is it likely that I would want an E width on the Leydon last?

No. I wear the same width but with 1/2 size difference.

velomane

Reaction score
velomane;3341300 said:
I need your feedback guys. I'm having trouble deciding between the kudu chukka and the snuff suede chukka. They'd be worn with jeans or chinos. One concern is care and durability of the suede. What say you, gentlemen?

Thanks for the comments everyone. Snuff suede it is!

Thor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
No. I wear the same width but with 1/2 size difference.

I assume you mean a size up?

Wouldn't that be about the same thing?

I was actually fitted at Alden-SF on Barrie in a EE in a half size smaller than what I have...which did seem like a better fit but you never see that in the special boot make-ups that I prefer...So, I would be hesitant to go up another half size

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I assume you mean a size up?

Wouldn't that be about the same thing?

I was actually fitted at Alden-SF on Barrie in a EE in a half size smaller than what I have...which did seem like a better fit but you never see that in the special boot make-ups that I prefer...So, I would be hesitant to go up another half size

I mean I wear a 10.5D Barrie and an 11D Leydon.

Thor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
I mean I wear a 10.5D Barrie and an 11D Leydon.

I understand that...and you do not find it too long?

Did you try a 10.5 E in Leydon?

As I mentioned- I really could wear a half size smaller in Barrie size and worry that going a full size larger in length on Leydon would be too much/long..

Thanks for your input!

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I understand that...and you do not find it too long?

Did you try a 10.5 E in Leydon?

As I mentioned- I really could wear a half size smaller in Barrie size and worry that going a full size larger in length on Leydon would be too much/long..

Thanks for your input!

I tried on the 11D Leydon and it fit so no need to try an E.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
These are the pics in the above links:

pittimarket7.jpg

I think they are the usual #8 shell shoes and boots, not brown (ie cogar or ravello). It is just the lighting that is making you think they are brown. FYI, #8 fades to a beautifully mellow brown color with time.

It looks like the PTB has white eyelets. I am not sure if I would have the balls to buy a pair like that but they look very nice in the pictures!

shootspeed

Reaction score
tankers from context finally arrived.

contextaldentanker.jpg

got these at a discount because context lost track of my order and ran out of 8.5d's. they sent me a pair of 8e's to try out and they fit perfectly.

laughter95

Reaction score
alden suede unlined chukkas--

yep, definitely my heels slipping on tiling is because the nails aren't driven in far enough. it's just a little raised over the leather heel. tried smashing them in today w/a hammer but i can't seem to get them in without further depressing the area around it.

called the store, they said they might be able to help. ne cobblers in here? what's the process? do you have to have a special machine to smash the heel nails in or will they just use a better hammer?

videocrew

Reaction score
Originally Posted by laughter95
alden suede unlined chukkas--

yep, definitely my heels slipping on tiling is because the nails aren't driven in far enough. it's just a little raised over the leather heel. tried smashing them in today w/a hammer but i can't seem to get them in without further depressing the area around it.

called the store, they said they might be able to help. ne cobblers in here? what's the process? do you have to have a special machine to smash the heel nails in or will they just use a better hammer?

I'm not a cobbler, but if you're trying to drive nails flush with something, you use this:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Stanley-3-...i_sku=14146124

Put the point on the nail, whack other end with hammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads