• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whereismyshoe

Reaction score
121vqmf.jpg
got these off german ebay. they're really comfortable.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Timeline of SF approval for non-baller sneakers

2004--Onitsuka tigers
2005--chucks, Vans Sk8-hi
2006--German Bundeswehr Turnschuhen
2007--None
2008--Spring court
2009--BOAT SHOES
2010--German Bundeswehr Turnschuhen

Throughout--Adidas Stan Smiths, Jack Purcells
Never--Puma speedcats

JackTheRipper

Reaction score
How do you guys find GATs on ebay? I read that you could search them up in German, but the whole shipping/customs thing was really complicated.

Pinhas

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find Zuriick Alpha Beata's in NYC? The one store that is listed in Manhattan does not carry them and I dont really want to go to Billsburg or Greenpoint for the other two.

And another questions; what are the German Bundeswehr Turnschuhen? I tried to look them up but could not find any examples, can anyone post pics or links please.

JackTheRipper

Reaction score
If you go to hipsterburg, there's a Shoe Market that carries Zuriicks. I am not sure if they have alpha beatas so you should call (and post here about the results since I plan to make a trip there too).

And the answer to your second question is that is the term for German Army Trainers.

Pinhas

Reaction score
I called Shoe Market; they said they don’t carry them for spring/summer. Suggested Urban Outfitters but I was there yesterday and they don’t have the Beata's.

Found the German shoes, hard to get apparently; not sure if they worth the effort.

whereismyshoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper
How do you guys find GATs on ebay? I read that you could search them up in German, but the whole shipping/customs thing was really complicated.

i searched "bundeswehr sportschuhe ebay" on google and it came up, and used a translator (use simple english so it doesn't get fucked up) to communicate with the seller and ask if he shipped to the states. he marked it as a gift so i didn't get hit with customs.

UserName84

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whereismyshoe
i searched "bundeswehr sportschuhe ebay" on google and it came up, and used a translator (use simple english so it doesn't get fucked up) to communicate with the seller and ask if he shipped to the states. he marked it as a gift so i didn't get hit with customs.

I did the same thing. On page 3 onion posted some other terms to search for the GATs on German eBay that were helpful. It really wasn't all that much work.

JackTheRipper

Reaction score
Alright, I'll try using google translator. Thanks a bunch. How do GATs size in regards to let's say Clarks DBs or Sperrys? And Pinhas, there's only Alter left in Franklin St, brooklyn. If they don't carry it, then the only option is to order them online. I believe shipping is free.

Pinhas

Reaction score
Alter DOES carry it. You should call ahead to make sure your size is in stock. How do these fit? True to size or big/small. My DB's are 1/2 size smaller then my usual; do Zuriicks run similar?

JackTheRipper

Reaction score
I've no idea about sizing for zuriick, which is why I had planned to try them on myself at the store. Best of luck to you though and yay for meeting another NYCer who likes Zuriicks! I found this guy on ebay who has a big selection of GATs. Legit? http://myworld.ebay.de/nanopreise/

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Timeline of SF approval for non-baller sneakers

2004--Onitsuka tigers
2005--chucks, Vans Sk8-hi
2006--German Bundeswehr Turnschuhen
2007--None
2008--Spring court
2009--BOAT SHOES
2010--German Bundeswehr Turnschuhen

Throughout--Adidas Stan Smiths, Jack Purcells
Never--Puma speedcats

Do we get styleforum points for getting in on things ahead of time? Can i exchange this for prizes like pier 1 outlet shopping with shoreman or exotic animal hunting with kitonbrioni?

also, where do ceepees fit in? they used to technically be non-baller by today's price standards or were $200sneakers in 06 the same as $350 sneakers in 10?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads