• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ I detect a scintilla too much sparkliness in those eyes.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scribbles
If you need a sweater and a scarf you should not be wearing shorts...

if you live in certain climates, there are definitely times when you could wear shorts during the day and throw on a cardigan/light sweater at night.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
not sure how i feel about red white and blue there, nn. Goes to show that even distressed, darker tones of red+blue are hard to put together. Also, that red jackets are pretty hard to pull off. :p

scribbles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
if you live in certain climates, there are definitely times when you could wear shorts during the day and throw on a cardigan/light sweater at night.

fair point... but would you be wearing sunglasses at night too? (if yes, i judge you). Cardigan is fine, and in the scarf and it's too much.

dls6128

Reaction score
This idea that "internet strangers are better at regulating your body temperature than you are" is stupid. It jumped the shark when that guy critiqued ctrlaltelite's pic because it looked too warm.

blc456

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester

Ya, thats why I was wearing it. It is actually a pretty lightweight cardigan. If im going to be gone all day I usually just roll the sleeves up and let them down at night when it gets a little chilly. I kind of agree with everyone that maybe the scarf was a bit much.

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
[clipse] I'm back by popular demand [/clipse]

Now it's time for "Guess the SF member"
img00056201006051905.jpg

i was wearing
h&m (not pictured)
levis
michael kors

airblaster503

Reaction score
I caught up from the last few days and saw the pics that robbie posted of the rental tux. This reminded me that I have to rent one for one of my best friends wedding seeing as I am a grooms man. I am considering not being one now.

user7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
not sure how i feel about red white and blue there, nn. Goes to show that even distressed, darker tones of red+blue are hard to put together. Also, that red jackets are pretty hard to pull off. :p

I think it looks good, but beard needs to go.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by *Tee*
@ Cool The Kid

Those shorts fit you well. Well,... at least from the front view. The side view, on the other hand, doesn't do you any favor due to the enormous bubble butt. No comment on the tee and the loafers. I also hope you didn't tuck your shirt on purpose in the second pic so as to showcase that groundbreaking belt...

Originally Posted by chronoaug
lol you guys are weird. cool the kid doesn't really look good or stylish or anything. he's wearing a p lame tee half tucked into shorts that don't look that great (i like some shorts) with loafers. Is it because he's black that people are being overly constructive but still positive. People seem normal most the time with skissi and kronik (where has he been lately), pg2g and others.

cool the kid- sup. you're a good looking black dude in good shape. Goes a long way. You don't dress very well and i'm thinking don't really understand the stuff as much as you hope try to act like (well, everyone on sf does but there are different ranges). Outfit not very good, man. I don't know of a specific 1inch measurement tweak or color thing to make it better it's just overall not very good. But you're good looking so doesn't matter as much but if you were on some weird style spirit guide quest i don't think this was a hit. I know you're pretty defensive about "yea, you guys are just closed minded and only like 1style" but people here can get down with tshirt, shorts and shoes style and hell, even graphic tees get love here. Just not your outfit. Nothing personal or hive mind related

Thx for the constructive criticism. Like I said before I think I have pretty thick skin, and won't exactly kill myself if people don't like my fits, so you don't have to worry about sparing my feelings. I've always been told by people that I'm a relatively good dresser, but I really want to master the art of getting clothes that fit me well, learning how to spot clothes with good details and really putting together quality outfits. So if something is complete trash and looks terrible I want to hear it. Likewise though obviously if something works I want to hear that too.

Still though, any specific tips? Can't/don't wanna do anything about my butt; the only thing I will try to do is wear clothes that are flattering. And looking at the pics, the shirt does kind of have a lazy cut that doesn't really flatter me.....

I like the shorts though, and I'm definitely gonna keep them. They're comfy and well distressed. I have another set of khakis I plan to cut to the same length and slim down; I will get my girl to alter them so they don't emphasize the lower end of the bubble so much. I think these shorts (visually) are too tight at the rear upper thigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads