• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
men put on muscle from 25-30 because they;
1. Have plenty of money and can afford to eat well
2. Have a more organised lifestyle where they're not drinking every 2nd night.

What ******* world do you live in?
People gain weight because their metabolism slows down, their bad habits slowly catch up to them and before they realize it they're heaver then they ever thought they would be, they tend to become more sedentary for a variety of reasons, and they don't have as much time/energy to work out.

cez

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnH123
Enough to show that money and extremely expensive clothing does not make one stylish or tasteful.

And his wife/girlfriend looks to be over 55 and rocks Ed Hardy.

laugh.gif
funny, but the man knows speaks the truth.

c00kz

Reaction score
Yeah hendrix, no hate but those are some pretty absurd arguments. People seem to gain more money between ages of 25-30 (baseless), which then lets them buy good food (assuming that's what they thought to do with money, and that cost was what was depriving them of "good food" previously, because they weren't yet 25), so they eat good food than muscle grows on their bodies?

No way dude.. if anything, eating "good food" will take weight off you because you're taking in less calories with high-volume foods and you know food alone won't make muscles sprout on your fame..

The biggest misconception is that muscle peaking means muscle growth- just because men peak at a certain age doesn't mean there's a huge explosion of muscle at that age. Have no clue who thought this was so, tbh

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Muscle also breaks down slow after 30 which is a good thing.

jd that ain't good man get yourself checked out though I am no doc

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yo posting this from my iPad

People should kop just saying

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was messing around with one at Best Buy on Saturday and couldn't get adjusted to absence of a physical keyboard. And I own an iPhone, so it's not as though I'm completely new to the virtual keyboard scene.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's a neat little device, my buddy has one and I've played with it a little. But the novelty wore off a week or two afterwards for him and now it just sits there. heh

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
O rlly

Alot of economics texts are available free, plethora of free PDF's out there

I bought it for that + web surfing at work and airports etc

Will be good for uni as well as I can just load powerpoints on and add notes for each slide

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen people have trouble viewing PDFs due to the the limited memory. Oh and I still wonder how many iterations it will take before they realize the benefit of multitasking.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the iPad?

It's got atleast 1g memory...

On my 3G iphone it was hard to view pdf's sometimes but it's been fine in mine

Also old PDF's when it's just images no text don't work so well anywere

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by c00kz
Yeah hendrix, no hate but those are some pretty absurd arguments. People seem to gain more money between ages of 25-30 (baseless), which then lets them buy good food (assuming that's what they thought to do with money, and that cost was what was depriving them of "good food" previously, because they weren't yet 25), so they eat good food than muscle grows on their bodies?

No way dude.. if anything, eating "good food" will take weight off you because you're taking in less calories with high-volume foods and you know food alone won't make muscles sprout on your fame..

The biggest misconception is that muscle peaking means muscle growth- just because men peak at a certain age doesn't mean there's a huge explosion of muscle at that age. Have no clue who thought this was so, tbh

Yeah that was my problem with the whole argument. Mens muscles peak at 28-30 but that doesn't mean they just grow larger at that time without work. If you continually exercise and have good eating habits you might look the best at 28-30 but the slightly overweight people at 25 are not going to suddenly slim down and bulk up with age and not work. If anything they will get fatter in those 3-5 years.

Hehlol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
On the iPad?

It's got atleast 1g memory...

On my 3G iphone it was hard to view pdf's sometimes but it's been fine in mine

Also old PDF's when it's just images no text don't work so well anywere

"At least 1 gig of memory..."

Yea? All I found was that it has 512 megs, which seems far from 'at least' a gig, but I mean, who needs to be right when talking about their Apple products, it's just important everyone know you've got em!

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hehlol
"At least 1 gig of memory..."

Yea? All I found was that it has 512 megs, which seems far from 'at least' a gig, but I mean, who needs to be right when talking about their Apple products, it's just important everyone know you've got em!

i think the only thing worse than apple zealots is probably anti-apple zealots

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So it turns out that the guy who looks exactly like Fuuma in The National videos I posted is not actually Fuuma...it's Thomas Bartlett also known as Doveman. He often performs with Sam Abidon and Nico Muhly, actually really great music. I have especially been into Sam Abidon recently. Had no idea he was connected to the Fuuma doppleganger.*

Here he is trying to fool us again wearing Ann D.

ThomasNicoSam_2.jpg

wtf?
lol8[1].gif

*Note: in most of the pictures of Doveman he looks nothing like Fuuma.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads