Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bows1

bows1 Senior member

What happened?^^

2. DLester

DLester Senior member

I could not see the hipsters in the video since it's already been removed from youtube. But there is no reason you have to stop wearing slim jeans and a leather jacket once you hit 30+. Provided your body type remains mostly same as it is today (e.g. thin and not overly muscular) and you wear it well, then it can likely continue to work for you.

agree. There is no need to start dressing "old," whatever that is.

if something looks stupid on you, it would look stupid whether you are 25, 35, 45 etc

BB1 why do you hate baby boomers so much?

they are massively overrated.

3. DLester

DLester Senior member

Also not a fashion thought but I think I just had some sort of seizure. I wonder if I should go to the hospital or something.

go, but do not drive yourself. hope it turns out to be nothing.

4. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

What happened?^^
    Ebay auction, I got sniped at the last second. Oh you mean the other thing. I think I'm okay now. I just have a slight headache. I was getting out of the bath, got dizzy when I stood up (temp change + lying down for a while) and started spasming involuntarily, realized what was happening after a second, and went and lay down. Dizziness and blurriness subsided after a couple of minutes. Since then it's fine. Weird though, getting dizzy happens on occasion I guess, but not that.

5. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Yeah dude spasming is never good. I'd at least give a call to your doc

6. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

I think I'm okay now. I just have a slight headache. I was getting out of the bath, got dizzy when I stood up (temp change + lying down for a while) and started spasming involuntarily, realized what was happening after a second, and went and lay down. Dizziness and blurriness subsided after a couple of minutes. Since then it's fine. Weird though, getting dizzy happens on occasion I guess, but not that.
    Strange. Nothing like that ever happen to you before? I'd probably give the doc a call. I work supporting an intellectually disabled guy with epilepsy, he has regular seizures. Not having control of your body is a really frightening thing.

7. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Ebay auction, I got sniped at the last second.

Oh you mean the other thing.

I think I'm okay now. I just have a slight headache. I was getting out of the bath, got dizzy when I stood up (temp change + lying down for a while) and started spasming involuntarily, realized what was happening after a second, and went and lay down. Dizziness and blurriness subsided after a couple of minutes. Since then it's fine. Weird though, getting dizzy happens on occasion I guess, but not that.

You gotta take it easy, can't get every bit of clothing you want off of ebay [​IMG]

8. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

I could not see the hipsters in the video since it's already been removed from youtube. But there is no reason you have to stop wearing slim jeans and a leather jacket once you hit 30+. Provided your body type remains mostly same as it is today (e.g. thin and not overly muscular) and you wear it well, then it can likely continue to work for you. However, most people I know over that age tend to fail at this for two key reasons....

1. They start packing on a lot of extra weight around their late 20's or early 30's. And many develop a lot more muscle. The end result is a larger, massive look that causes such clothing to not hang correctly on them.

Additionally, people tend to judge your age in part on how massive you look. There is a tendency to automatically assume bigger, more muscular people are older than skinny ones since this is true in the aggregate. Thus when we see such people we instinctively think "dress your age".

2. Many people this age lack a good sense of style or even what would be considered cool. Unlike at the university where they were likely immersed in an environment of their peers, most have entered the workplace and are now surrounded by baby boomers whom are in charge of things. Invariably it seems most unwittingly adopt a boomer sense of style in order to fit in and move up the ladder.

Thus when such people attempt to dress as you describe, they either look like an older guy desperately trying to look cool (e.g. Moo's graphic t-shirt) or if they're really muscular they end up looking a tool bag (e.g. Otter). Between now and then if you develop a strong sense of style and don't get huge, I am sure you can continue to pull of the look you desire. However, a decade is a long time and most likely your style will evolve into something different by that age anyway.

Wow, thanks for the in-depth response! I might try tentatively building into this kind of look and seeing if it works; you've inspired me. Hopefully, I'll stay fashion-conscious enough to recognize if I look like a colossal dick.

9. dmash

dmash Senior member

How much money does KitonBrioni have invested in his wardrobe for God sakes?

10. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

How much money does KitonBrioni have invested in his wardrobe for God sakes?

Enough to show that money and extremely expensive clothing does not make one stylish or tasteful.

And his wife/girlfriend looks to be over 55 and rocks Ed Hardy.

11. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

But there is no reason you have to stop wearing slim jeans and a leather jacket once you hit 30+.
    A recent case in point Trade the sneakers for boots and you're set.

12. asobu

asobu Senior member

"mr butterfly" jacket

[​IMG][​IMG]

ridiculous or just ridiculously awesome? either way, i want.

13. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

Asobu dude, PLEASE buy that.

14. Razele

Razele Senior member

"mr butterfly" jacket

[​IMG][​IMG]

ridiculous or just ridiculously awesome? either way, i want.

Lol happy hands club

15. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

You gotta take it easy, can't get every bit of clothing you want off of ebay [​IMG]
    No, some I have to get from Yoox! Actually I have bought a few things in-store lately, and my next purchase will likely be from Gravity Pope, there is something I have been waffling on. Also need a new laptop, one I'm typing on literally just broke. The screen casing snapped in half. And a new cell when work starts later this month... Bonus money kops. The jacket I tried to get was this pony hair one, for the sole purpose of wearing it during the Calgary Stampede next month. I'm not that broken up about losing it but it def would've been situationally appropriate. Doesn't matter, I'll just rock 5 zip. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.