• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new bespoke suede monks.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
fixed
devil.gif

you don't
laugh.gif

Sebastian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
agreed, though "Drittes Reich" is imo a very polarizing topic.

Agreed!

Espescially when things are presented as facts, but are nothing else than interpretation.

For example:
It is a fact that thousands of people were cheering and shouting towards the German soldiers marching in.
It is also a fact, that thousand of political opponents were deported at the very same moment.

So what we can tell from this facts is that the thousands of people cheering at the "Heldenplatz" were symphatizing with the Nazi invasion, the thousands of people being deported to the KZs not so much. So at this level, we only know that there were both sides in the Austrian people. Over the motifs and views of the majority can only be speculated.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sebastian
Agreed!

Espescially when things are presented as facts, but are nothing else than interpretation.

For example:
It is a fact that thousands of people were cheering and shouting towards the German soldiers marching in.
It is also a fact, that thousand of political opponents were deported at the very same moment.

So what we can tell from this facts is that the thousands of people cheering at the "Heldenplatz" were symphatizing with the Nazi invasion, the thousands of people being deported to the KZs not so much. So at this level, we only know that there were both sides in the Austrian people. Over the motifs and views of the majority can only be speculated.

It reminds me a conversation about Wermacht vs SS atrocities...

The mainstream perception is the Wermacht were noble soldiers when the SS were cold hearted killers when in reality the regular army often participated in civilians massacres all around especially eastern Europe...

Saying that the red Army were ****** and killing everything on their way to Berlin and the Allies troops were also involved in less than honorable actions.

Wars never bring the best in human beings...

It is by talking about the reality of wars we will deliver ourselves from sweeping generalizations.

Let's back to shoes.

Sebastian

Reaction score

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
Is he part of the Operation Paprika?

i have moved this to FAQ.

we don't want to hijack "Operation Kielbasa".

macaroni

Reaction score
Operation Kielbasa was inspired by Operation Paprika, with Mr. Wielądek as cobbler and me handling e-mails, delivery and customer service. But I’m not sure if „long distance bespoke“ makes sense. Fritz, do you have plan B in case Paprikas want fit?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by macaroni
But I'm not sure if "žlong distance bespoke" makes sense. Fritz, do you have plan B in case Paprikas won't fit?

as i said several times. long distance is a tricky thing. imo, it needs a lot of experience and understanding of the process from the customer side.

honestly, it would have been impossible to start a project like this without the expertise I gained over the years.

plan B? there's always a plan. we at "Operation Paprika" had the pleasure to deal with a number of regulars from the forum, who have been experienced enough and possess a lot of understanding in the field.

look at the comments of i.e. ajl, vox, iammatt.

certainly every order has been fullfiled up to now. if there wouldn't be a chance to replace an "ill" fitting pair, we make a full refund. the few exchanges were on our expenses, whether it was our fault or not. that's part of our personal customer service attitude.

if you have more questions feel free to ask.

ps: I'll post this in our FAQ, too

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is apropos around?
peepwall[1].gif

Yes.
Originally Posted by lasbar
Is he part of the Operation Paprika?
No.
Originally Posted by macaroni
Operation Kielbasa was inspired by Operation Paprika, with Mr. Wielądek as cobbler and me handling e-mails, delivery and customer service. But I’m not sure if „long distance bespoke“ makes sense.
Perhaps people should bring their own custom lasts that they know work for them? Just a though, but even then that does not guarantee a perfect outcome.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
you don't
laugh.gif

only when i trip up

Originally Posted by Sterling Gillette
You might have a point there.

haha, yes coz they never answer back
laugh.gif

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
Perhaps people should bring their own custom lasts that they know work for them? Just a though, but even then that does not guarantee a perfect outcome.

Is it possible, macaroni?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads