• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

bakatora

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Most I've seen has been 6in iirc, but DLester could confirm

Originally Posted by nicelynice
Both size 36 DVN suits I've tried on have had 31" waists with an inch or so to let out.
Not sure if this helps, but I hope it does because I knocked over a bag of jelly beans getting that measurement

If you call Nordstrom Bellevue at (206) 628-2111 they stock DVN and are pretty helpful if you need measurements

your sacrifice will not be in vain.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DLester
size 50 has a size 34ish waist and was probably 40 inches across the chest, did not bring a tape with me but that is what it seemed like.

thanks pals ;o might take a chance on it and see. it's only $6 afterall.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by c00kz
7999958.1b.JPG

7999958.2b.JPG

Thinking about it..

These jackets are all about fit, everytime I see them I either think they look awesome or stupid and this opinion seems entirely based on how well they fit the person (keep in mind most of them that I see on the street would be had on the cheap, so fabric wouldn't be a factor in the 'awesomeness', though I guess if fabric was guaranteed to be good the possibilites would be awesomeness+1 or slightly less stupid).

spreadcollar

Reaction score
A little off topic, but is that the recent experience of others in the US with DHL? About to kop something from another spot...
Originally Posted by aqhong
Oki-Ni ships DHL. I've ordered from them a few times, and never had to pay any fees up front. (I'm in the US, fwiw.) Only once did I get a bill, like two months later, but I just ignored it and never heard from them again.

Simion505

Reaction score
jacket.png
Or should I opt for one of the cheaper jackets which may also hold more versatility? I'm only 17. so don't have a lot of money, so if I spend £70 it'd be nice if it still looks cool next year.

Simion505

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Then take care of it and it will. But in terms of versatility that is definitely a summer item, so if you want something to wear year round you might want to look elsewhere.

Cheers dude
smile.gif
What I meant was I'd like to be sure it won't look completely ridiculous when I want to wear it next summer for instance.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Simion I like that jacket, it looks like a nice alternative to seersucker which I hate and there is no reason why you couldn't wear it year after year. Just make sure the sleeve length is fine or get it altered if it isn't.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
yea, that jacket has some junya in it. could be good if used right. could also look pretty boring and trad

was going to say that, my next big purchase is a junya blazer with gingham hidden under the collar/ upper lapel. could look great if you have necessary swag.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads