Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. bakatora

bakatora Senior member

Most I've seen has been 6in iirc, but DLester could confirm

Both size 36 DVN suits I've tried on have had 31" waists with an inch or so to let out.
    Not sure if this helps, but I hope it does because I knocked over a bag of jelly beans getting that measurement

If you call Nordstrom Bellevue at (206) 628-2111 they stock DVN and are pretty helpful if you need measurements

your sacrifice will not be in vain. [​IMG]

size 50 has a size 34ish waist and was probably 40 inches across the chest, did not bring a tape with me but that is what it seemed like.

thanks pals ;o might take a chance on it and see. it's only $6 afterall.

2. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thinking about it..

These jackets are all about fit, everytime I see them I either think they look awesome or stupid and this opinion seems entirely based on how well they fit the person (keep in mind most of them that I see on the street would be had on the cheap, so fabric wouldn't be a factor in the 'awesomeness', though I guess if fabric was guaranteed to be good the possibilites would be awesomeness+1 or slightly less stupid).

3. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

okini ships ups now
    didn't okini have a decently high customs rate before? that sucks though. never ordering from there that's for sure. would rather pay an extra guaranteed $15 or so and proxy to a friend in europe than risk paying a ton in customs

4. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

[​IMG]

Markdown season is right around the corner :3

5. spreadcollar

spreadcollar Senior member

A little off topic, but is that the recent experience of others in the US with DHL? About to kop something from another spot...
    Oki-Ni ships DHL. I've ordered from them a few times, and never had to pay any fees up front. (I'm in the US, fwiw.) Only once did I get a bill, like two months later, but I just ignored it and never heard from them again.

6. *Tee*

*Tee* Senior member

http://www.kicksonfire.com/wp-conten...Sneaker-01.jpg

Markdown season is right around the corner :3

Sorry, but those are the ugliest Lanvins I've ever seen. And it's not even close. Personally, I would only wear them to facilitate gardening/yard work...

7. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

8. Simion505

Simion505 Senior member

[​IMG] Or should I opt for one of the cheaper jackets which may also hold more versatility? I'm only 17. so don't have a lot of money, so if I spend £70 it'd be nice if it still looks cool next year.

9. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Then take care of it and it will. But in terms of versatility that is definitely a summer item, so if you want something to wear year round you might want to look elsewhere.

10. Simion505

Simion505 Senior member

Then take care of it and it will. But in terms of versatility that is definitely a summer item, so if you want something to wear year round you might want to look elsewhere.

Cheers dude [​IMG] What I meant was I'd like to be sure it won't look completely ridiculous when I want to wear it next summer for instance.

11. jet

jet Persian Bro

Simion I like that jacket, it looks like a nice alternative to seersucker which I hate and there is no reason why you couldn't wear it year after year. Just make sure the sleeve length is fine or get it altered if it isn't.

12. __CB__

__CB__ Senior member

+1 on that +J jacket, looks good.

13. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

yea, that jacket has some junya in it. could be good if used right. could also look pretty boring and trad

14. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

yea, that jacket has some junya in it. could be good if used right. could also look pretty boring and trad

was going to say that, my next big purchase is a junya blazer with gingham hidden under the collar/ upper lapel. could look great if you have necessary swag.

15. Fortysomething

Fortysomething Senior member

Yes on the PS Thunder Boots.

Yes! They look pretty cool, but I don't know how often I would get a chance to wear them. [​IMG]