• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing

Hodaddy

Reaction score

whusurdadi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Is that really a fact?
yes - he gets great deals - call him up, he's often negotiable on the price for off ebay transactions wink wink! *Edit* He calls around NMLC and has them mail him stuff - he's not affiliated with NMLC - misread your question, sorry.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that really a fact?

It's a fiction. The manager at my local NMLC knows Mike Tobis personally. He has insiders getting him the deals but he is not affiliated.

I just hate how we can often sell the same item at the same time but somehow his "MSRP" is 25%-75% higher than mine. Funny that.

For instance, he has these Lobbs listed with an MSRP of $2150. I am staring at the same shoes right now and the real MSRP is $1585. His don't even have the trees.

Similarly, I sold a pair of Tom Ford swim trunks with an MSRP of about $490. Crazy price, right? However, somehow his identical togs were "worth" $850!
plain.gif

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks Whus & Boris - Thats some serious dedication to do mail order NMLC clearouts.. and some major financial investments...however I cant see how jacking up the MSRP (which I really dont think means anything in an auction - if someone is buying it, they have a general idea of how much it cost originally) would impact someones bid that much?

rebel222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
however I cant see how jacking up the MSRP (which I really dont think means anything in an auction - if someone is buying it, they have a general idea of how much it cost originally) would impact someones bid that much?

There's a lot of morons shopping on eBay.

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RLPL by Chester Barrie in Navy 40R

This may go cheap - confusing listing (listed as made both in England and Italy) and working cuffs on a somewhat short sleeve (24").

The quality on these is awesome, but the cut is quite Savile Row traditional - strong shoulders, etc. Someone will quickly point out that this is most likely an orphaned suit jacket, which may or may not be true. I have it on good word from someone who was buying NEW during this time that RLPL sold separate blazers with matching buttons. Regardless, replacing the buttons with some dark brown ones would be a snap.

I think this would work awesome for a staple navy blazer for someone who needs one, and would buy anywhere under $200. My guess is that it will actually sell under $150.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics