• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Never disappointed when I see a mellowfellow post in this thread. What were you all gussied up for?

It was my Friday casual work clothes. I was also on my way to Philly. Thanks guys!

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I can't believe cs is still wearing vans and turquoise ones at that LOL!

I'll always have a spot for Vans; they bring me back to my childhood when I first started skating before those giant tongued abominations became popular. Maybe I need to move on from that nostalgia but I can't help but feel they're a decent beater shoe when used in moderation.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hossoso
Okay, I still think that the stacks are 2000 and late. Seriously... it is a fad. The sooner you recognize that the sooner you are on the path to recovery.

I think sq4you almost always looks good and unstacked skinny jeans almost always look marsupialed. And what the **** does 2000 and late even mean? I googled it and Black Eyed Peas came up, not exactly the kind of music you want to be fan-boying while talking about what's stylish and not.

Stacking is still a premium/designer denim only phenomenon, once you start seeing JC Penny's house brand offering 28x38 skinny jeans, then it might be over. Fads aren't a bad thing, they are an opportunity for people who don't take themselves hardcore seriously to have some fun.

If I wanted to be able to look back on myself in 20 years and not have any regrets/fads I'd have to white-wash my style into slim-straight pants, brogues, and OCBD's with simple blazers or sweaters when it is cold. Sorry, I'd rather enjoy dressing up NOW instead of worrying about how I'll look 20 years in the future.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stack Wars begin. As everyone tosses their boots for sneakers and grabs jeans with 7" hems, it'll come up more.

I would enjoy reading a history of stacks. I'm sure it has already been written somewhere, too, but I'd also like to read about why the silhouette works, etc, what designers think of them.

I don't mind calling them a fad as long as you call ALL the details on denim fads. That includes the incessant demand for tapering that plagues us today. Or cuffs on boots, straight legs, anything.

I'm with Listi on this, too. The difference between some lard ass hipster wearing leggings and an *attractive* silhouette (at least as far as tastes on forums go) is a quarter inch of breathing room and some stacks.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mellowfellow
It was my Friday casual work clothes. I was also on my way to Philly. Thanks guys!
Where I work, your "casual" clothes would have people asking you what you're all dressed up for. And I work at a place where you're hypothetically supposed to be wearing a necktie. What do you do?

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saturday Morning:

DSC01647comp.jpg

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
That looks like such a glorious way to spend a beautiful Saturday morning. Thanks for the inspiration.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly think those Dior stacks would look a bit better hemmed like two inches. Look great as is, though
wswf8i.jpg
2m47xuh.jpg
Hat Band of Outsiders Hanes Adidas Adidas

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biscotti
Saturday Morning:

DSC01647comp.jpg

brings a new meaning to the word cocksmoker.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
what, in your mind, doesn't qualify as a fad? because I could say that your purple label checkered button down shirts are a "fad" as well given checker shirts only started being worn relatively recently. same thing is true of striped shirts, pleated trousers, flat front trousers, ad nauseam. who really cares. while you spend your time contemplating what's cool and what isn't, ill enjoy my clothing.
Dude your jeans are fine, wait till the stacks settle in, people need to chillax Are you getting raws in 19's as well? I think you should man Also, hoss is trolling SW&D now for some reason, so just get that ignore ready boys
laugh.gif

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
what, in your mind, doesn't qualify as a fad? because I could say that your purple label checkered button down shirts are a "fad" as well given checker shirts only started being worn relatively recently. same thing is true of striped shirts, pleated trousers, flat front trousers, ad nauseam. who really cares. while you spend your time contemplating what's cool and what isn't, ill enjoy my clothing.

I'm not saying what is cool. But I'll call out lame when I see it. If you are still around in a year you should start steeling yourself for a big ******* "I told you so" right now.

Originally Posted by Listi
I think sq4you almost always looks good and unstacked skinny jeans almost always look marsupialed. And what the **** does 2000 and late even mean? I googled it and Black Eyed Peas came up, not exactly the kind of music you want to be fan-boying while talking about what's stylish and not.

Stacking is still a premium/designer denim only phenomenon, once you start seeing JC Penny's house brand offering 28x38 skinny jeans, then it might be over. Fads aren't a bad thing, they are an opportunity for people who don't take themselves hardcore seriously to have some fun.

If I wanted to be able to look back on myself in 20 years and not have any regrets/fads I'd have to white-wash my style into slim-straight pants, brogues, and OCBD's with simple blazers or sweaters when it is cold. Sorry, I'd rather enjoy dressing up NOW instead of worrying about how I'll look 20 years in the future.

Enjoy it. I'm sure your kids will get a good laugh out of it when they see pictures of your "non-conformist just like all my friends are" days. I just have the prescience to appreciate how horribly contrived it looks now.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hossoso
They see me trollin...

And lollin..

Slow week in the CEss pool hoss?

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
Slow week in the CEss pool hoss?

No, I'm just one step ahead or you. My Samurai bell-bottoms should arrive any day now. And I just got my PBJ bondage strap JNCO-style denim yesterday. I'm on the ******* tip right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads