• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Charvet MTM Arrives - New pics added on pg. 3!

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
And I could not be more pleased.

Started with a nice relaxing flight from JFK-CDG
DSC00980.jpg

Rested up, took in the view
DSC00996.jpg

Then started the walk down to Place Vendome
DSC01042_2.jpg

And then the decisions began..
DSC01092-1.jpg

Tried on some sample shirts for a general size
DSC01087-1.jpg

More decisions
DSC01093.jpg

Couldnt get out without some instant gratification
DSC01095-1.jpg

and 7 grueling weeks later...
DSC03097.jpg

DSC03099.jpg

This was a level 7 cotton (just under sea island)
DSC03106.jpg

DSC03129.jpg

Just like Budweisers "born on" date!
DSC03118.jpg

DSC03108.jpg

The fabric I chose was actually a lighter pink, but the reverse of the twill was darker. I liked the sheen better on the darker side, so I actually had the shirt made inside out.
DSC03127.jpg

Just finished a preliminary steaming... fit pics after I wear it for Easter!
DSC03124.jpg

And before you get all over me about the monogramming.. I just had a baby girl 10 months ago, and sort of a combination of my dream to get a MTM done at Charvet, and something to pass on to my daughter, I decided on this. My daughter and I share the same initials, and being a girl, she is predestined to like pink, so I got this shirt to hopefully have her wear Daddys shirt long down the road after she sells the rest of my clothes on eBay.
lol8[1].gif

WildeMan

Reaction score
Congtratulations on the shirt. It's beautiful.

More importantly, congratulations on the birth of your daughter. I can assure you (from experience) that she will provide you more happiness every day than the finest shirt will provide in a lifetime.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WildeMan
Congtratulations on the shirt. It's beautiful.

More importantly, congratulations on the birth of your daughter. I can assure you (from experience) that she will provide you more happiness every day than the finest shirt will provide in a lifetime.

Thanks! But the shirt makes me pretty damn happy though...
lol8[1].gif

WildeMan

Reaction score
I have mentioned elsewhere on SF, to general disinterest, that I had a Charvet shirt a few years ago.

It was lost by the kindly, elderly woman at my local shirt laundry. She doesn't speak English and doesn't use tags. (She writes one's initials on the inside of the collar.) Her husband had just died, and he was clearly the organizational brains in the operation.

Her fault for losing it, or perhaps my fault for entrusting it to her....

Motorsport226

Reaction score
+1 to what the others have already said. Gorgeous shirt! I hope the experience was everything you thought it would be and more. I can't wait till I have the means to make a similar one.
smile.gif

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your new shirt and a bigger congrats on your daughter. Put the shirt on her now!

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm wearing one of those tonight-- they do really nice work and are delightful to deal with.

Too bad about the prices.

mmkn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would you [also for Concordia] say they might be the John Lobb Paris of MTM shirts? Craftsmanship looks so.

Please kindly post pictures of you wearing the shirt.

- M

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mmkn
Would you [also for Concordia] say they might be the John Lobb Paris of MTM shirts? Craftsmanship looks so.
I don't wear Lobb Paris, although I've seen and admired their shop in NYC. Nice-looking stuff, for many of the same reasons, I would suppose.
Please kindly post pictures of you wearing the shirt.
smile.gif

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
FACKING AWESOME!! it's because of you that i pulled the trigger on my own MTM from Charvet (with Milanese cuffs...what would the groupthink say?!)...although mine is supposed to come in a week or two. enjoy the shirt and i hope mine comes out as nice
smile.gif

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What sort of price range is the shirt shown? $250? $500? $750?
ffffuuuu.gif

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by S. Paul
Wow, Spoo. Wow. Simply an amazing shirt! Awesome pics and story - thanks for sharing! Congrats on both accounts!
biggrin.gif
cheers, Sean Paul

bigstar[1].gif
Originally Posted by Motorsport226
+1 to what the others have already said. Gorgeous shirt! I hope the experience was everything you thought it would be and more. I can't wait till I have the means to make a similar one.
smile.gif

cheers.gif
Originally Posted by dragon8
Congrats on your new shirt and a bigger congrats on your daughter. Put the shirt on her now!
fing02[1].gif
however she will have to wait about 15 years before wearing it... especially now she is a drool machine!
Originally Posted by Concordia
I'm wearing one of those tonight-- they do really nice work and are delightful to deal with. Too bad about the prices.
Oh yeah... the Amex bill... thanks for reminding me.
Originally Posted by HRoi
FACKING AWESOME!! it's because of you that i pulled the trigger on my own MTM from Charvet (with Milanese cuffs...what would the groupthink say?!)...although mine is supposed to come in a week or two. enjoy the shirt and i hope mine comes out as nice
smile.gif

Cant wait to see yours! BTW - My cuffs are the second one off the bottom on the left row in the cuff picture.. whats that called?
Originally Posted by intent
What sort of price range is the shirt shown? $250? $500? $750?
ffffuuuu.gif

Mine was about $680.
Originally Posted by mmkn
Would you [also for Concordia] say they might be the John Lobb Paris of MTM shirts? Craftsmanship looks so. Please kindly post pictures of you wearing the shirt. - M
I would say so. I cant think of another maker who is so revered in the craft. Their Atelier just exudes class. It was a real experience. Pics tomorrow!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads