• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite German fashion brands

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Schnurretiger
The German police are getting new uniforms at the moment. They have switched from green to black (or ist it midnight blue?).

LOL.

SteG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Schnurretiger
The German police are getting new uniforms at the moment. They have switched from green to black (or ist it midnight blue?). The "Janker" shown above is a traditional/conservative piece of clothing. And Bavarians are pretty conservative. And we like to make fun of them, don't forget that.
The federal police, Bundespolizei, will have consistently navy blue uniforms by the end of 2012 to be in line with EU policy. The regional police forces of the 16 federal countries, Landespolizei, will have six different blue/black uniforms among them, with Bavaria and Saarland actually keeping the old green/mustard ones. Total mess.

Schnurretiger

Reaction score
Well, it's Germany, after all.
laugh.gif

Hoofit

Reaction score
I have a couple of great MTM shirts from Germany. http://www.masshemd-bielefeld.de/ and another great brand is the shamwow. "It's made in Germany, you know they make great stuff"

SalingerFan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SteG
Just out of curiosity. You wouldn't find this collection boring and dull if it happened to be a German brand, would you?

A brand like Engineered Garments will *never* happen in Germany, that's why the question is too hypothetical to seriously think about.

le.gentleman

Reaction score
Schneider's of Austria produced indeed nice overcoats. However, Seidensticker are absolutely not of top notch quality imho. As mentioned above, Regent, Falke, Ign Joseph, Van Laack and Emanuel Berg are probably the only RTW/MTM brands in this thread that are of interest to most SF patrons.
Herr von Eden is more fashion forward but certainly no artisan quality.

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jil Sander. Lagerfeld. Boss is so bad it can be good.

erpet

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SalingerFan
A brand like Engineered Garments will *never* happen in Germany, that's why the question is too hypothetical to seriously think about.

I beg to differ. The guy on the link looks more German than anything else I've seen on this forum. Have you ever been to Berlin?

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SteG
The federal police, Bundespolizei, will have consistently navy blue uniforms by the end of 2012 to be in line with EU policy. The regional police forces of the 16 federal countries, Landespolizei, will have six different blue/black uniforms among them, with Bavaria and Saarland actually keeping the old green/mustard ones. Total mess.

Bavaria and Saarland ?

They're not even real Germans anyway...
boxing[1].gif

--Jonas--

Reaction score
Well, to the rest of the world Germans often seem to be Bavarians.

I totally agree on the Saarland though
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

JoelF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a overcoat from Cinque that I bought at Globus in Geneva. Very nice coat though I don't know anything else about the brand.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do not know whether they still exist, but Windsor Hosen (slacks)
were very high quality and offered interesting fabrics.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads