• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tez Mulan
* does anyone know if the Macquarie comes in claret.., cant say I've ever seen a pic of that config!? What about a Macquarie in claret with French veal leather??
I'm pretty sure the limitation is with leather, not style. IE, I was told I could not get Roo in Claret, but could get Yearling in Claret. I don't know exactly which colors can be paired with which leathers...and the full color chart is a big one!

DECEMBER

Reaction score
If your Buckle Boots are going to be for casual/semi-formal, I would say welted would look OK If I had a clean sheet of paper now... - make the 3 dress boots, all Macquarie * screwed sole, at size 8 - make the 2 Buckle both with welted sole, at size 7.5 * does anyone know if the Macquarie comes in claret.., cant say I've ever seen a pic of that config!? What about a Macquarie in claret with French veal leather??
I just realized that in a previous post you stated some of your shoes (stockmans) are storm-welted. Hard to tell from the picture. If you could start over you would make your Buckle boots both good-year welt or storm welt? -Also, what size are your macs and buckle boots? I plan on wearing the stockmans for casual. Originally I decided I didn't need a black stockman, though now I might-- depending on how the chestnut brass-screwed stockman I have on order turns out.

DECEMBER

Reaction score
Woooo! my buckle boots are on their way! It's ony been 4-5 weeks.

Xyst

Reaction score
Finally got a chance to go try on the Queenslander at the NYC store this morning. Hurrah! They actually fit my freakishly wide feet. So as planned, I'm put in a MTO order for a pair of Whiskey Comfort Queenslander (insole + rubber outer-sole). Awesome, in 8 weeks my feet are going to be so happy!

Tez Mulan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DECEMBER
I just realized that in a previous post you stated some of your shoes (stockmans) are storm-welted. Hard to tell from the picture. If you could start over you would make your Buckle boots both good-year welt or storm welt? -Also, what size are your macs and buckle boots? I plan on wearing the stockmans for casual. Originally I decided I didn't need a black stockman, though now I might-- depending on how the chestnut brass-screwed stockman I have on order turns out.
Not sure whether good-year or storm. Can I say 'normal leather' ? On sizing - I take 7.5........but having worn the (brass screwed sole) French Veal Macquarie for the past two days, this really did need to be + .5 a size bigger.., as do my claret Craftsman; the Craftsman again with the same sole. I think both the 'normal sole' and 'brass screwed sole' look OK on the Stockman

Tez Mulan

Reaction score
something I just noticed.., there's a height differential between the normal leather sole and the brass screwed sole.

At 5'8", I think I'll switch back to normal mode in the future
smile.gif

Tez Mulan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by makewayhomer
looks like you are a 7.5 G. if you want to sell those Clarets lemme know
smile.gif

women are really the voice of reason. Apparently I complained twice last night about the fit of the new ones... "why dont you sell them and get some bigger ones?"

wink.gif

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
women are really the voice of reason. Apparently I complained twice last night about the fit of the new ones... "why dont you sell them and get some bigger ones?"
wink.gif

heh, well, I may be here to listen! are they too short or too narrow?

Tez Mulan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by makewayhomer
heh, well, I may be here to listen! are they too short or too narrow?

Hi, neither. As I was walking in the new Macs yesterday (just on the left boot mind) I felt it pinching (in) along the top of the foot. I imagined when I took my boots and socks off I'd have a red indent along the width of my foot in the middle are. I didnt though!

Been wearing the Chestnut Craftsman today, and no problems.

Lesson learnt: if you're going to buy the brass screwed sole variant, go up half a size from 7.5 to 8.0. I believe that this lengthens the boot - wheareas say you were a 7.0, if you went up half a size, you would only increase the width (I think)

I now know why there's so much debate here on sizing.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lesson learnt: if you're going to buy the brass screwed sole variant, go up half a size from 7.5 to 8.0. I believe that this lengthens the boot - wheareas say you were a 7.0, if you went up half a size, you would only increase the width (I think)
this somewhat jives with the sizing guide on the first page. for the forum special w/ screwed sole, the recommendation is actually up a whole size (and down on width). but I think that is on a different last than your claret of course, there is debate here whether or not a half size is any longer than a half size down, or just wider. (ie is a 7.5 really longer than a 7?). I'm not sure if what was every resolved

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads