1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Sator, Sep 18, 2006.

1. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

2. wesos

wesos Well-Known Member

Which company? RMW???

Was this recently?

3. wxxnxs

wxxnxs Active Member

Sorry, I didn't make my comment quite clear. My friend works a company which has agreement with RMW, all of their staffs require to wear dress boots, so their staff price is about $260. I took advantage of that to order a pair for myself.:D

I think you still can purchase a pair for about $320 in Sydney Olympic park.

4. schense

schense New Member

Hello,

which sole do you recommend for the Craftsman? I want to wear them in the office (with jeans or chino) and want to dance on a party with them (kind like dirty-dancing style)? Is it possible with the dynamic flex? Because I think the normal Craftsman is not so comfortable for every day in the office?

Thanks

5. Hayward

Hayward Senior member

Dynamic flex is the most comfortable, but will likely wear faster than the comfort craftsman, plus I suspect that recrafting at RMW is the only practical option for the dynamic flex. The dynamic flex basically feel like sneakers.

6. Brock Zeigler

Brock Zeigler Active Member

I have the Comfort Craftsman. They are awesome! The leather sole on the regular Craftsman would wear too fast for me in the northeast with all our weather conditions.

7. dying actors

dying actors Member

Hey,

I want to buy boots to send my Air Max 97 (underrated wintersneaker) on vacation. I was looking at blundstones, but I dont like the newest reviews about their decreasing quality. So I am looking a RM Williams boots, which look nicer and still have very good quality. Bad Thing: They are super expensive in Germany, as they are hard to get (350€ on Amazon).

I like the Stockyard. Is that a good choice as a winterboot? Other recommendations?

Regards

8. Hayward

Hayward Senior member

The Mallee would be better, but both are unlined. Should be fine with wool boot sock. Afaik only Blunnies makes a line winter boot in this style.

9. dying actors

dying actors Member

I am looking for an inner city winter shoe: Waterproof, ok sole, good endurance & fine looking with jeans.

I just received the Gardner boot, which are very nice, but dont fit my feet (I need wider shoes). The Stockyard isnt available in Germany, so I have to order them in England (or Australia). I am just checking if my perception of that shoe is correct.

10. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

Did you order the Gardner boot in the wide H fitting ?

11. dying actors

dying actors Member

I dont think, that I had that Option. They probly dont have that many pairs, so they send you what they have on stock. I ll try to grab the stockyard from England.

Thanks for the feedback.

12. Brock Zeigler

Brock Zeigler Active Member

Check out the Ian Harold 'Grazier' boot. Making boots in Australia since 1900
    [​IMG]

13. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

Different width fittings is a standard ordering option for the Gardener boots. If the retailer that you are ordering from does not offer this, then I'd find one that does.

14. dying actors

dying actors Member

I checked it on Amazon. You have to look for the G or H boot, I didnt noticed that there was a difference when I orderd the boots. It wasnt an ordering option, as they made seperate Amaton-pages for both fittings. Nothing in the details etc.

15. Oli2012

Oli2012 Senior member

Considering getting my black craftsman changed sole changed over to a dynaflex as opposed to the rubber for aesthetic reasons in a business context.

Is this worth it or a little anal? what sort of price would I be looking at AUD?

16. frezon

frezon Active Member

About a year ago I ordered a pair of black camel leather Blaxlands MTO. To make a long story short, there were some excess leather on the upper of one of the boots after wearing them in. I contacted RM Williams about the problem including some photos of the problem area and the customer service representative suggested relasting them, free of charge. Since living on literally the other side of the world from the factory it took the better part of the winter to get the boots back.
    Opening the long awaited package revealed my boots looking as good as the day I bought them. They felt a bit strange on the first try on but I figured it was due to the relasting and thought nothing about it. I was just about to put them aside when I happened to look at the insole.

The size markings now spell out a full size larger than when I originally bought them! [​IMG]

17. gthoren

gthoren New Member

Which size of a regular Craftsman would you recommend for feet that are 240mm length and 95mm width? Unfortunately i have no possibility of trying the shoe on before purchase.

18. Hayward

Hayward Senior member

You'd be better off asking RMW themselves I think. I know they have stores in London and New York, and a store in San Francisco carries them.

19. Busa

Busa Senior member

Newbie mistake- gotta remember to hit quote- [​IMG]

"Is it an Australian thing? Are all the Australian SF members just huddled in this thread?"- from previous post...

Nope- American working in Tunisia, North Africa here... : )

Just ordered a pair of Yearlings in black with a screwed sole from Barry (great guy btw) wanted a dress boot to wear with jeans or the Burberry suit either one...fashion here is very European, but they even wear the long, pointed shoes that tip up at the ends, so a medium toe isn't even particularly fashion-forward here! Just elegant...

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  20. Busa

Busa Senior member

(This was the second, and I promise the last, post that I forgot to use the "quote" function- in answer to an inquiry of how to easily remove boots.)

Growing up in the American Midwest (anyone heard of Oklahoma? Lots of boots worn there!) a boot jack is de rigueur at the entrance to the home, so as not to track cow **** into the house...[​IMG]

RM sells them, simple wood with usually felt to protect the leather.

PS- STILL on probation?? C'mon guys!! lol

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013