• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

mylesmyles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jwied82
wow... 26.6 mile training run? nice.

Thanks! - to be honest it can get boring, luckily my gf joined me for the last lap.

I'm training for The North Face Endurance Challenge (50 miles) at Bear Mountain, so my plan is to peak at around 35-40 miles before tapering down.

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mylesmyles
Thanks! - to be honest it can get boring, luckily my gf joined me for the last lap.

I'm training for The North Face Endurance Challenge (50 miles) at Bear Mountain, so my plan is to peak at around 35-40 miles before tapering down.

Damm you ultramarathoners! Just when I start feeling good about myself....

Seriously though, that is incredible - keep up the good work.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7.52 miles... + intervals it was my first lunchtime run this year. nice to finally be in shorts and a t shirt under the sun 60F. i was getting depressed running at night in the cold.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6 miles this morning. Every 10 minutes, I stopped and did 10 pushups. Another fantastic sunrise in the (all too rare for winter) blue sky. A terrific Tuesday. Life is too good.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5K trail. Perfect weather... Spring is here!!!

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
3 miles along the river in Santiago

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5 miles. Temperature at 6 a.m. was 43 degrees! Sweet! Life is just too good.

mylesmyles

Reaction score
7.1 miles 46:42 last night in Central Park.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
6.7 miles in 51 minutes or so, first decent distance I've run since the Rodeo Run.

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mon morning 3.5 miles in 30:20
Tues morning 3.5 miles in 30:19
Wed morning 3.5 miles in 30:01

I haven't run in 3 weeks because of various sickness and just being lazy. It's amazing how fast my endurance went. I am still walking 0.4 miles of this route, I don't have it in me to make it up the 2 inclines on the route. Hopefully, as my cold disappears even more and I keep at it I will be able to complete the whole route this weekend.

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
3 miles along the river in Santiago
Boy, you get around, don't you? A week or two ago, it was in Africa, now it is in South America! You really live up to your moniker. If you don't mind my asking, what line of work are you in?

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5.3 miles last night and the first shorts run of the year. I am so happy that spring is here because I am so f'n tired of the Michigan winter.

I'm not yet fast like a lot of you turbos, but last night was one of those runs where you're not carrying the extra winter gear and I felt like I could just keep pouring on the gas and I'd never get tired. Loved it, didn't want to go home.

musick

Reaction score
Same as every workday - 3.3 miles on a rough (since it rained recently) dirt trail w/ a 700 ft. elevation change. Time was 20:03 today. Losing a dozen sec. or so (not to mention max weight @ the gym) since Im on a cut this month

Myself, I dont like long distance since I am a bodybuilder. I am not looking to give up a lot of hard earned muscle.

The above run allows me to do some cardio, hit the shower and still enjoy lunch over my lunch hr.

Keep it up all - summer is right around the corner.
cheers.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads