How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. rjmaiorano

rjmaiorano Senior member

a mile of warm up, then 30 mins stairs.

2. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

Been focusing on 5K distance (not sure why, but my schedule is horrid this week so I can only run for about 30 min), knocking the times down.
    Im around a 23:30 for 3.25 miles.
    Today I will go long.

3. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

5K in the morning, guess thats about 3 miles - spring is definitely arriving, the warmer temperature makes morning cardio a bit more fun.

4. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

weather was just right for some good mileage: 6.7 miles in 51 minutes.

5. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

3.2 today...absolutely exhausted, felt like a marathon

6. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

6.2 (10k) tonight. there were so many new runners out there today. its good to see so many people out and moving around (walking, running ect). it was weird because so many were talkative tonight (asking how many miles I've done ect).

i have an 8k race on saturday. should be a nice way to start the weekend... (although it sucks to have to wake up early on a saturday).

7. jwied82

jwied82 Senior member

weather was just right for some good mileage: 6.7 miles in 51 minutes.

same here. 50 degrees out tonight, which is perfect running weather to me. ran 8 miles in 52:30.

8. jwied82

jwied82 Senior member

i have an 8k race on saturday. should be a nice way to start the weekend... (although it sucks to have to wake up early on a saturday).

I am not at all a morning person. The fact that races are almost always early in the morning on the weekends has prevented me from doing a good number of races. I will plan on doing them but then just turn the alarm off and go back to bed. Ones where i actually have to pre-register i will get up for, but if its one where im planning on registering morning-of, then there is always like a 30% chance i will just say forget it.

9. airblaster503

airblaster503 Senior member

Pouring rain and wind here in Oregon today, plus I am feeling a bit under the weather. Went to the gym tonight to try and get an interval workout in on the dreadmill, but the dude next to me had sprayed himself with so much cologne it was nearly toxic. I could literally taste it in my mouth. After my 10 min warm up I just said forget it and left. If it is raining agin tomorrow, I will hit the gym in the morning for my workout which is... 10 min warm up, 5 min hard, 5 min float,4 hard, 4 float, then 3 2 1. Hopefully hit 6:30 on the hard and keep my float under 7, not as fast as I would normally do it but on a treadmill and not feeling to great I will be happy with that.

10. quevola

quevola Senior member

Tonight: 6.2 in 46:29. Got a 5K on Sunday morning.

11. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

I am so happy that spring is here because I am so f'n tired of the Michigan winter.
    ........ last night was one of those runs where you're not carrying the extra winter gear and I felt like I could just keep pouring on the gas and I'd never get tired. Loved it, didn't want to go home.

Amen!

12. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

7k yesterday in 40 mins in prep for an 8k race Sunday morning. That's about 4.3 miles, so not a bad time for me, esp in the city where i have to stop for lights/crowds of tourists. Would feel good to do the 8k in 45 minutes.

13. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today, I spent most of my early-morning hours working on my tax final - once I got it done and printed for review, I had just enough time for two loops around the neighborhood, if I was quick about it. And I was (reasonably).

2.7 miles in 18:33. The nice part is that while I started unusually fast, my second loop was 20 seconds faster.

14. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

7k yesterday in 40 mins in prep for an 8k race Sunday morning. That's about 4.3 miles, so not a bad time for me, esp in the city where i have to stop for lights/crowds of tourists. Would feel good to do the 8k in 45 minutes.

DC is a great city to run in. The best part about DC for me is even the touristy running routes (Congress to Lincoln memorial loop, The river, ect) are great when crowded. That town seems to have a huge population playing sports/running/just being active.

I am not at all a morning person. The fact that races are almost always early in the morning on the weekends has prevented me from doing a good number of races. I will plan on doing them but then just turn the alarm off and go back to bed. Ones where i actually have to pre-register i will get up for, but if its one where im planning on registering morning-of, then there is always like a 30% chance i will just say forget it.

yeah the early morning races are usually hell... especially if you're just getting there right at the start of the race and have to deal with all the pre race crowd and stress. it takes me half of the race just to warm up (because i didn't warm up before the race LOL).

15. Scrumhalf

Scrumhalf Senior member

Ran intervals on the track today - 30 minutes of fast 400s (~7 min/mile pace) alternating with mellow 400s (~ 10 min/mile pace).

Weather was typical for Oregon - about 45 and steady rain....