• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

seany

Reaction score
I tried on the utility jacket and loved it. But I didn't need a lightweight coat back then (this was the begginging of winter). But I think both jackets are amazing military M65 type of jackets. Pics coming soon.

Also that mag scan is from the newest GQ magazine. Pretty cool article on the latest mens deisign wear.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Does that guy in the green madras have the sleeves pushed up past his biceps? What's with that?

a-rock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JRyder
I just ordered a pair of the vintage slim wheat colored denim and the red chambray. What do you guys think? Too much or just right?

Just right... the JCrew wheat is just right IMO. Couldn't justify the price though for those jeans so I got a pair of white 501s from Sears for ~$30. Threw them in the wash once with some kitchen towels I was going to wash anyway. The rags weren't heavily soiled but just been used around the house for typical wiping up and cleaning stuff. Love the results.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by a-rock
Just right... the JCrew wheat is just right IMO. Couldn't justify the price though for those jeans so I got a pair of white 501s from Sears for ~$30. Threw them in the wash once with some kitchen towels I was going to wash anyway. The rags weren't heavily soiled but just been used around the house for typical wiping up and cleaning stuff. Love the results.

Interesting! I thought of doing something similar to my white j. crew jeans. Was thinking of soaking them in diluted coffee, then washing. Would it work?

Captain Winky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chenzhongbi
Did, saw nothing.

EDIT: Zoomed in again and looked at it really hard. Oh my, these patterns are extremely subtle.

That's why I liked them. I'm 6'1 and mostly leg, so trousers with a really bold pattern that look cool on the hanger look awkward on me. I just want a pair of casual pants that are lighter weight/color than my jeans, but can easily be worn with some chucks and a polo over the summer.

paulesquire1

Reaction score
anyone have any thoughts on the chino ludlow suit? i'm looking for light colored suit for spring. i went to uniqlo and wanted something nicer than a +J suit.

a-rock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Interesting! I thought of doing something similar to my white j. crew jeans. Was thinking of soaking them in diluted coffee, then washing. Would it work?
I'd be wary of that unless your goal was to go for solid wheat color. Something like this: http://pics.ae.com/is/image/aeo/0111...9_d1?$pdp-408$ I like the fit of the 501s anyway but it was just that their white is a real WHITE. Washing it took off some of that new denim sheen. The used rags gave it a tiny, tiny bit of darkness, but more importantly gave some specklings of dirtiness similar to what you see here. I'll try and post a pic of how it came out. These are the J.Crew in their wheat color but very similar result.

Andrew V.

Reaction score
I'll be curious to see the coastal plaid shirt in person. I'm glad that it comes in tall, but I'm not sure if the smaller stripe is red or brown or what and how it will look. I do wish that some of the madras shirts came in tall, as well as any of gingham shirts in colors beyond blue.

The new Staunton shorts in oxford, Tilden madras, and Sawyer madras look cool.

aktao

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dunelly
tell me about the cadet jacket robert

i need a lightweight jacket to replace my hoody. How was the faded black, goes with jeans/chinos?

The faded black color goes very well with both jeans and chinos. My store didn't carry the tan color, though I feel that that one would be harder to match with pants. I personally like the faded black color (I have the fatigue jacket in faded black too, though that one seems to be even more faded along the edges than the cadet jacket). The cadet jacket fits a lot better in the torso and the sleeves (though J Crew winter jackets tend to fit larger).
The cadet jacket is kind of frayed along the edges, and has a sort of broken in look to it. Each one seems to be frayed differently too, because I saw one that was more frayed along the corduroy collar than the one that I bought.
My store carried the new utility jacket in a dark brown/dark khaki color. I tried it on, and there didn't seem to be any difference in fit between it and the cadet jacket (it might have been a tad bit wider in the waist area). I don't own any of J Crew's utility jackets, though I'm sure they are a good choice too.

aktao

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Andrew V.
I'll be curious to see the coastal plaid shirt in person. I'm glad that it comes in tall, but I'm not sure if the smaller stripe is red or brown or what and how it will look. I do wish that some of the madras shirts came in tall, as well as any of gingham shirts in colors beyond blue.

The new Staunton shorts in oxford, Tilden madras, and Sawyer madras look cool.

The coastal plaid looks amazing. The smaller stripe looks brown. I'm going to go to my store some time this weekend to see if they have it. The watchtower plaid is also on my list.

seany

Reaction score
1969115.jpg

1969136.jpg

new.jpg

1969139.jpg

Sorry for being late on the pics, here is a fit pic or two and some shots of the Cadet Jacket.

matsuya

Reaction score
Should I get the utility jacket in shadow or surplus? I'm torn with which one to go with. I wear jeans mostly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads