1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by deveandepot1, Dec 30, 2009.

1. synovoid

synovoid Senior member

fit pix if you dont mind

Tried the red chambray with my 501 STFs (still dark blue). The look is great.

2. BeerBaron

BeerBaron Member

do they offer free shipping for these watch straps (2 for $30) on the red phone?

My impression was that shipping is always free when you order from the red phone.

3. synovoid

synovoid Senior member

full price items

My impression was that shipping is always free when you order from the red phone.

4. Sylvr

Sylvr Well-Known Member

its free if you arent buying anything off final sale. so yes, i got free shipping on my 2 for 30 watch straps when i ordered them. and student discount.

5. Robert

Robert Senior member

I want to pair the Red Chambray with some white denim.

That would look great too.

6. gumercindo

gumercindo Senior member

Went to try on the nice ludlow suit in charcoal sharkskin and it was sweet. Very nice feel to it. But, kind of hard to stomach a $600 purchase from jcrew. I suppose i can sign up for the jcrew card and get 20%. Any chance the Ludlows go on sale later this spring?

7. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

I wish they'd start shipping to the UK. I need those Quoddy boots.
    Try a store located in the UK that sells Quoddy, like Oi Polloi: http://www.oipolloi.com/subcat/Shoes/3.html

8. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

my nailhead, in a medium, measures about 18.5 across the shoulders and 21.5-22 across chest. i think it's because of the weight but it's the best fitting jcrew shirt i own. i put darts in almost all of my other jcrew shirts and this one still lays closest to my body. it's definaltely more fitted than the chambrays. but then again, imo, chambrays are supposed to fit slightly relaxed.

go get it! arguably one of the best shirts that jcrew has offered in some time.

I think it IS because of the dense fabric weight that the shirt looks & fits better. I reported in February in the Gitman Brothers Vintage thread about my experience with Gitman's "Double Weight Blue Oxford," and their "Extra Heavy Dark Blue Oxford" -- and the fact that those two beefy, sturdy works of art are far and away my favorite shirts. Why? Because the density & character of the fabrics make them look fantastic. I know Crew has been pushing the lightweightedness of many of its shirts as a good thing (which I'm sure will be fine when it's hotter than blazes come July-August), but this heavier Nailhead shirt sounds like one to try.

9. Adam_Lee

Adam_Lee Senior member

Robert,

I'm saying I've seen some in person before that weren't that small. I posted some pics of these, the standard government issue ones.

10. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

not sure what on or off-seam pocket means. is there an advantage of one over the other?
    The opening of an on-seam pocket follows the seam of the pant -- take a look at these two photos (light pant - on-seam; dark pant - off-seam) and you'll see the difference:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

can someone confirm that gitman L fits like J crew M? Emailed for measurements and j crew M has 22.5 p2p, which is the same as gitman L.

can someone help? thanks.

12. b-ill

b-ill Senior member

I wear a M in both brands.

13. scribbles

scribbles Senior member

The front rise is about 10". I was hesitant to order a pair online, but I tried them on yesterday at the local J. Crew and loved the fit. Just wish they would come in the same colors as the sun faded stanton shorts (vintage turquoise and rustic orange were must buys for me)

14. scribbles

scribbles Senior member

+1. Specifically, I was hoping someone who owns them could give an estimate on the front rise. Cue Robert posting 4 times about why J. Crew > RRL.

Sorry for the double post, rise is in reference to the urban slim fit chinos. Still figuring out the board.

15. BossTweed

BossTweed Senior member

16. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

Just curious--how can you tell from the pictures how big they were? And where are we getting the information that the nam watches were smaller than kid's sized watches?

Personal experience. I have about 10 vintage watches. All my pre 80s watches Timex, Hamilton,... are significantly smaller than the Camper.

17. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Just picked up the Rustic Shawl Collar cardigan in Navy.
    Really feeling it and it has a nice slim fit.

18. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

New Arrivals up.

Fireman's jacket looks nice.

19. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

So I ended up snagging the red chambray and the blush madras a little over a week ago or so. I dig the cotton/linen fabric on the chambray as it gives some nice texture. Fits slim in the body, but baggy in the sleeves as typical of the Crew. I picked up the madras from member Staver (thank again, man) and I'm liking the fit on this for summer style as well, a bit more relaxed I believe than the chambray. Here are some fit pics I took. Check my profile for my stats if you're interested.

Red Chambray in XS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Blush Madras in S
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. BossTweed

BossTweed Senior member

Seems like you might want to size down to XS in the madras. In the top pic, the shoulders seams are falling off your shoulders.