• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Men's Underwear

atroopan

Reaction score
Mundo Unico makes some really decent stuff as long as you remember to order one size up - don't get the obviously flamboyant stuff (unless you want too of course). I like the ones with a high spandex level content
blush.gif
more than the 1-2% lycra levels.

This one comes to mind - I have 5 pairs in black !

troop

TylerDurden

Reaction score
I wear three kinds of underwear now. I have three pairs of loose silk boxers I bought from Target. My favorite underwear has to be Under Armour Boxer Jock (just a boxershorts with spandex) http://www.underarmour.com/ProductDe...&pf_id=1000667. And one of my other favorite pairs of underwear is the 2xist Noshow Varisty brief, it stretch's very good and holds it shape http://www.freshpair.com/2xist-Varsi...rief-9120.html. I won't buy any underwear with out spandex in it anymore (except loose boxers). The underwear makers nowadays are comming out with some really nice fits, I don't see any reason some one would buy cotton Hanes or FTL boxers or whitey tighty's unless they like uncomfortable underwear. If your gonna go boxer-briefs make sure it has some spandex in it so it retains its shape and doesn't covert into loose boxers buy the end of the day. If your gonna buy briefs go for a lowrise fit with out a fly if you want to avoid the nerd/old man/little brother look (aka whitey tightys/ or the womens equivalent granny panties). Loose boxers just don't provide enough support I need. And buy the size that fits you.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lycra's a much softer material than Spandex. I have some Cotton/Spandex hybrids, but I much prefer Cotton/Lycra blends.

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rips makes a well-fitted trunk with good support for a minimal trunk
puma daily action underwear has a decent all microfibre trunk
schiesser makes a well fitting one as well
calida makes a seamless version that is somewhat okay

jkennett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Lycra's a much softer material than Spandex. I have some Cotton/Spandex hybrids, but I much prefer Cotton/Lycra blends.
Lycra is a brand of spandex, similar to how Kleenex is a brand of tissue. So... Lycra = Spandex

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pima cotton boxerbrief underwear from Calvin Klein is very comfortable.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jkennett
Lycra is a brand of spandex, similar to how Kleenex is a brand of tissue. So... Lycra = Spandex

Ah yes, just like all tissues are Kleenex.
tounge.gif

modual

Reaction score
I like the idea of trunks and have tried several brands including calvin klein 365. Problem is they rise up my leg when i sit down so i have to readjust everytime i stand up. Any ideas what i'm doing wrong ?

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by modual
I like the idea of trunks and have tried several brands including calvin klein 365. Problem is they rise up my leg when i sit down so i have to readjust everytime i stand up. Any ideas what i'm doing wrong ?

Readjusting them.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pouchUnderwear
as it gives support, style, comfort, and definition. If you wear tight jeans, I would highly recommend pouch underwear. It's a great alternative to g strings!

oh yes it is, yes it is

ivan k

Reaction score
The best I've found is the Calvin Klein Micro Modal - they come in a square trunk or boxer brief. They feel like you're wearing nothing and are super thin.

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but the best price/quality ratio I have found is Merona at Target. The trunks are particularly good.

axe

Reaction score
I love H&M boxer briefs... They're comfortable, durable and cheap.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I roll with Calvins!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics